Forums are back in action! ×

I live in Utah and I am a 35 year lazy and out of shape dude.

I have worked as a restaurant manager for 7 years and have had a hard time eating well mainly because I have so much bad food around me for free.  I am not active at all, besides work, which makes me work at a fast pace for 10 hours a day 5 days a week.  I have tried eating well and exercising but it never lasts more than 30 days. 

My family history is full of heart attacks.  I have high blood pressure and bad cholesterol.  I just found out my wife and I are having a baby this made me want to NOT die... so I decided I was going to get in shape and eat healthy.  I have been reading anything and everything about Ancestral Eating and I am fan and am going to get BACK on board with that lifestyle.  About a week ago I was catching up on my Art of Manliness podcasts and heard the Nerd Fitness one.  As a gamer, world of warcraft player and recently rediscovered my love for D&D I was intrigued by this site.  

I recently challenged my Brother, who is in a similar boat that I am, to a fitness challenge.  I weigh 258 and I am 5'11.  I want to weigh 195 pds like I did when I was in my early 20s. 

I plan on eating ancestrally.  I plan on playing sports, work out from home and boxing to get into shape.  I hope to avoid gyms.  I have read a million books, articles and have listen to thousands of podcasts on the "Paleo Diet."  So if you are taking on this life style I can defiantly help you as far as questions go.  

So here I am to nerd out with you folks and get back into shape.  I hope this site help me get where I want to go and maybe I can be a piece in your success as well.