Forums are back in action! ×

Hi everyone,

This is a great site, I am reading for about 3 weeks now and just noticed that there is also a forum

So I thought I might post my story to maybe get some more advice or help others.

Also I have to apologies English is not my first language so there might be some mistakes in my writing.

edit' (This turned out much longer than I intended)

I try to keep the history as short as possible; I was always fit and healthy until I was 16 years old. I used to be a relative successful swimmer, so I was training 4 time per week for several hours. This was just simply so much exercise that I never had to worry about what I ate. But due to teenage stupidity. I stopped swimming when I was 16 years old. And from than on put on quite a lot of weight until I was 120 kg (264lbs). I was still doing a sport like playing soccer basketball etc. but that wasn’t enough exercise to deal with my bad eating habit at the time. (I was never a big sweets eater or fast food junkie, I just like to eat huge amount off food, which was ok when I was burning it all off)

When I was 22 I left Germany to live in Australia, where I put a bit of more weight due to an office job and being even more lazy than before. When I was 25 I had enough of Australia and wanted to see something differently, but I also was unhappy with my weight. So I did a bit of researched and decided to stay in Thai boxing camp in Thailand. I found a small Camp in central Thailand. I actually trained in a couple of other gyms before that. It turns out you have to be quite selective when it comes to Thai boxing camps in Thailand. The most are located in Bangkok, which is not the best city for training. Other are located right in the entertainment and Red light district ( I don’t have a problem with those activities but again just not a good place to train)

So anyway, the camp I stayed was located in Pai I will add a couple picture later so you will know what I mean when I say this was an excellent place to train.

We trained 2 times a day 6 days a week, in the morning starting with a 10k run, followed by warm up stretching etc, than 1,5 hours of Thai boxing training. The evening was a 5k run and the same training again. I stayed for 4 months, and I was super fit by that time. I still was not “ripped†even if I ate the same amount off food all the professional Thai fighters did. When I left I was at around 100 kg (220 lbs) from 125 (275lbs) when I started.

During my time in Thailand I decided to stay in Thailand for a while. I was lucky to get a job which is basically a home office job. But was located in BKK. So now it all went downhill, I was able to stay at 95 kilogram at around 1.5 years just by playing soccer and other sports. But then I broke my arm twice, and wasn’t able do sport for nearly 6 months. So basically due to my own stupidity (again) and laziness I am now back to 125kg (275lbs). I started to go to a gym again but I was never happy with the training that is consider normal. So after reading on this page I created my own workout which is completely different to anything I have every done in a gym. I am still working on the fine tuning and I need to get a bit more experience with how my body reacts, but so far I have to say its great. I will post my workout in the right forum to see if anyone has any tips, or comments.

Some photos of me. I am not a photo kind of guy so I have to take them of my facebook profile :-).

This is me before I went to Thailand:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]470[/ATTACH]

after 4 months of Thailand:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]471[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]472[/ATTACH]

AND today I am back to the first photo, And I am quite upset with myself to let it come that far again.

So thanks alot for this site for all the info and motivation given so far.

some phots of Pai the places I stayed in Thailand

[ATTACH=CONFIG]473[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]474[/ATTACH]

post-2363-13567242992438_thumb.jpg

post-2363-13567242992701_thumb.jpg

post-2363-13567242992901_thumb.jpg

post-2363-13567242993415_thumb.jpg

post-2363-13567242993686_thumb.jpg

Glad to have you mcbane!

We all make mistakes, but, as long as you want to, you change your life!

Jesuschrist is the most wonderful and complex person as of date,anyone can learn from him- paraphrased from The Master of Emotion

www.cultivatinglashinibana.wordpress.com A log about my weekly japanese learning via Kanji study, and reading manga in japanese of course. Updated every Sunday.

Current Challenge:http://nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?4867-Staff-Purge

By the way, what sort of exercise do you do?

Jesuschrist is the most wonderful and complex person as of date,anyone can learn from him- paraphrased from The Master of Emotion

www.cultivatinglashinibana.wordpress.com A log about my weekly japanese learning via Kanji study, and reading manga in japanese of course. Updated every Sunday.

Current Challenge:http://nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?4867-Staff-Purge