Forums are back in action! ×

Hi All,

I thought I would finally introduce myself as I've been pottering around the site now for about a week and started my journey yesterday...

So, as I'm sure many of you are in a similar situation to me, when I was younger I was very sporty and never had an issue with my weight as I was swimming for my County, did Ballet, Tap and Jazz....and just never really sat still. I stopped swimming competitively when I was about 16 and got into teaching swimming - which I loved but it doesn't really burn the fat, so, needless to say I put on a heap of weight and ended up at my first Weight Watchers session. 

Since then, my weight has been constantly up and down, up and down. Attending Weight Watchers, Slimming World - you name it I've done it! When I was 18 I went to University and heaped on even more weight with the alcohol, takeaways, generally not doing any exercise what so ever and suffice to say became the heaviest I have ever been. Left Uni, weight still going up and down, got a job and before I knew it 6 almost 7 years have past and I'm still not where I want to be, 

I had some bad news with regards to my mum about a week ago, which is a bit of a complicated situation and I want to be able to do everything in my power to help. I stumbled across this website and it really inspired me and I thought "If I could become healthier then that is one less thing my mum has to worry about." I am not only doing this for myself but for my mum too.

So I started yesterday, trying the Paleo diet and setting myself two goals:

1. Exercising at least 5 times a week
  2. Eating a strict Paleo Diet 80% of the time - Now, I'm a lady who loves numbers and so had to do the calculation and that means in a 28 day period eating a strict Paleo diet for 23 days - which doesn't seem to hard when broken down like that?

That is my story folks! Any help/advice you guys have I would love to hear it.

Thanks for reading!

Sally

Hey, welcome!

I recently started eating paleo too. Not sure about how your body will react at first but most people have a huge slump in energy - the first three weeks for me were extremely extremely tough! But rest assured if you stick with it you will end up feeling better.

Sticking with the exercise can be tough too.. The best tips I can offer are to try and make it something you enjoy - i find a less effective but fun exercise is better in the long run as you'll stick at it - and if you've got someone like a housemate or partner who can do it with you, make them get into it too. I find the peer pressure really helps.

Best of luck to you!

Paleo enthusiast, Part-time hobbit, Z fighter, Kokiron, Westerosian and Jedi. Quite a CV. Find me at www.paleocastle.com.

Welcome! I really enjoyed my time when I was in the UK. :)

I found that I was only briefly tired when starting Paleo 3-4 days (I guess it varies) and I lost 29 lbs in 4 months before I started exercising. What helps me with doing the exercise is to create a Daily Battle Log each day I make it to the gym. It's kind of a reward for me.

Good luck, and keep us posted with your progress!

-AJ

Oooh which bit of our lovely - if slightly grey - little island you from?

Welcome and congrats on finding us - this forum and it's people are a huge source of inspiration. Let us know if you need any help with anything! Can't wait to see how you get on!

Sent from my ST25i using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Level 6 Pirate-Ninja Ranger

“If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. Don’t complain.†~Maya Angelou

(STR - 12) (DEX - 8) (STA - 12) (CON - 14) (WIS - 12) (CHA - 8)

CHALLENGE 6: Neph Arrives fashionably late.

Niiice! I live in Reading - moving soon to Milton Keynes, and spending the next 12 weeks working in Warrington. I was in Newcastle today, heading back to Reading now. Mt incredibly observant weather forecast for the entire country....?

Grey.

Level 6 Pirate-Ninja Ranger

“If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. Don’t complain.†~Maya Angelou

(STR - 12) (DEX - 8) (STA - 12) (CON - 14) (WIS - 12) (CHA - 8)

CHALLENGE 6: Neph Arrives fashionably late.

Niiice! I live in Reading - moving soon to Milton Keynes, and spending the next 12 weeks working in Warrington. I was in Newcastle today, heading back to Reading now. Mt incredibly observant weather forecast for the entire country....?

Grey.

Ah, I know Reading fairly well! I'm originally from *Cough*Staines*Cough* so not to far away!

I'm right by Warrington + Manchester in Wigan. We had a lovely little thunderstorm yesterday as I was on my way out.

Yeah we had a little bit of it. By little I mean one bit of lightning and one sound of thunder...

Looks like it could happen again any second now though!

I used to work in Newton-le-Willows which is near Warrington right?

Looks like we're getting a nice little crowd in the North West going!

Ah, I know Reading fairly well! I'm originally from *Cough*Staines*Cough* so not to far away!

Yeah we had a little bit of it. By little I mean one bit of lightning and one sound of thunder...

Looks like it could happen again any second now though!

I used to work in Newton-le-Willows which is near Warrington right?

Looks like we're getting a nice little crowd in the North West going!

Haha yeah that's right, I go to Newton quite a bit to get the train to Manchester. I know haha!

Paleo enthusiast, Part-time hobbit, Z fighter, Kokiron, Westerosian and Jedi. Quite a CV. Find me at www.paleocastle.com.