Forums are back in action! ×

Nervous about joining-But here we go

Hi-So I'm not sure I'm a nerd by today's standards. There are a lot of references on this site that I don't get or know about. 

Sure I know every Star Trek episode and movie-but who doesn't? And of course Star Wars, Lord of the Rings etc. I'm more of I read a lot type of nerd I guess. 

Anyway, after months of lurking on this site and following some advice I thought the next step was to get involved and maybe get my fitness to the level I want. 

I'm really one of those "use to" people as in I use to run half marathons. I use to bike. I use to do yoga. Of my friend group I was the athletic one. Now I'm not for many reasons. Been trying to be that person again without feeling badly about myself which is also something I'm good at. I've been thinking that my "lack of motivation" is that I spend a lot of time telling myself all that is wrong and that's my motivation-only it's not very motivating to always have negative thoughts-at least for me. I'm really not into being a solider. I don't take being told what to do well-even if it's my own mind. So I'm taking a more positive stance and seeing if that helps. 

So here we go.