Forums are back in action! ×

New weightlifting nerd

Well, hello everybody!!  Obviously I'm new here and just wanted to put myself out there.  First, a little about myself:

I compete in Olympic Weightlifting.  I won't be going to the Olympics any time soon, as I just turned 40 this past summer, and I have been working on a new career over the last 6-7 yrs.  Currently, that's my sport and I train specifically for it.  However, I realized I need to be getting stronger and working on my programming as I am getting older and I just can't keep up with the harder programs I've done in the past.  My numbers have been going downhill the last couple of years, and I need to turn that around.  I have since been updating to a new program that I think will get me moving in the right direction.

I have a pretty busy life, so stress is always a big factor, and I'm competitive by nature. 

I also love gaming, having grown up on D & D primarily for the last 20+yrs.  I really like the paper and pen version and I get pretty intense when I play.  Trying to find a group that understands that has been hard. 

Anyways, mostly I joined here because I feel like this is the right place for me, and I would love to help anyone out with the Olympic lifts.  I have been competing for over 12 years, now as a Master's athlete, and have trained with a number of great weightlifting coaches (Richard Flemming, Glenn Pendlay, to name a couple).  I'm not great by any stretch, but I do alright.  I do feel I have bigger lifts in me, I just have to get smarter about training.

Look forward to being a part of this forum.

Welcome! 

Nice to meet another weightlifter who has been trained by Flemming on the boards. Not that I can properly say I have been trained by him, but I've been going to him for programming and form check ups once a month. :D

Thanks to both of you!!

Yeah, I got my start with Richard (aka Splinter) back in 2001 and trained with those guys until the end of 2010 when I moved to AZ.  I'll be back in DFW to help with the AO in Dec.