Forums are back in action! ×

I tend to gain 2-3lbs during my time of the month, and I visibly bloat the week before it starts. I've gotten used to it. I feel icky but such is life.

It's starting to become a trend, where, if my tummy is bloated, you do not mess with me. It either means I ate something I shouldn't have and feel grumpy, or it's hormones, and I feel grumpy.

I'm not really weight oriented any more now though... when I started eating paleo and exercising, my goal weight was 125lbs.

I'm 117lbs now, it just seems to be where I float on paleo. It's made me obsess about the scale less; I'm already doing better than I'd have imagined in that department.

Primal Chai
Race: Human | Class: Adventurer

[Level: 0 | STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 ]

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."  - Christopher Hitchens

Congrats Angelic Fruitcake on dropping two inches!  That's awesome! I like that you are paying more attention to your measurements.  As long your body composition is changing in the right direction, your weight doesn't really matter.  I loved the earlier recommendation to use caliper and take pictures of yourself to track your body composition changes.  Those are all really good advice.  It seems like you are moving in the right direction.  Keep it up.  

Do you have any measurement or body fat goals that you are working towards?

I do have some goals. Body fat is difficult to estimate correctly, but according to the tool I'm using now I'm at 24. I'd like to get down to maybe 21. My measurements started at 37-29-39 and I'd like to get down to 35-25-36. So I'm not too far off. Mainly I just want to get more definition and muscle tone.

21% bodyfat is a great goal.  That is the number where you start to see abs.  Also, dropping a couple inches is definitely doable if you are consistent in eating well and working out.  

Scales are nasty creatures, the other day I was down to 234, the next day I weighed myself I was 237.5! Among other things, keep in mind a pint of water is 1 pound, and you get the idea.

If you want to try an experiment, weight yourself each day for two weeks (then throw the damn thing in the back of the closet, to be brought out like some ugly statue you only bring out when the person who gave it to you comes to visit) and chart it...you will probably find it looks like an f'ed up roller coaster *lol*. If I remember women's body chemistry correctly, they are a lot more subject to fluid buildup and fluctuations, kind of comes with the territory.

To be honest, while we want to lose weight and be fit, there are more important things than weighing ourselves..as far as the BMI goes, the next time a doctor mentions it to me I'll prob end up in jai for shoving it where the sun doesn't shine, it is that useless. Measure body fat, lean body mass, do measurements, BMI is basically a rule of thumb with half the thumb missing, according to it some of the very fit people on here are overweight, it is basically  a statistical joke IMO (according to it, Lebron James is obese..)

Birth control is notorious for making your body hold on to water. Depending on specifics, they can increase concentrations of certain hormones associated with pregnancy, which will involve extra water weight. Near "that time" only makes things worse.

Don't worry, in a week you'll be back to your normal self :) Keep it up! You're doing great

Birth control is notorious for making your body hold on to water. Depending on specifics, they can increase concentrations of certain hormones associated with pregnancy, which will involve extra water weight. Near "that time" only makes things worse.

Don't worry, in a week you'll be back to your normal self :) Keep it up! You're doing great

Thanks! It did work out. I dropped3 pounds in a couple of days. 

Walking, running, dancing, squatting. 

Scales are nasty creatures, the other day I was down to 234, the next day I weighed myself I was 237.5! Among other things, keep in mind a pint of water is 1 pound, and you get the idea.

If you want to try an experiment, weight yourself each day for two weeks (then throw the damn thing in the back of the closet, to be brought out like some ugly statue you only bring out when the person who gave it to you comes to visit) and chart it...you will probably find it looks like an f'ed up roller coaster *lol*. If I remember women's body chemistry correctly, they are a lot more subject to fluid buildup and fluctuations, kind of comes with the territory.

To be honest, while we want to lose weight and be fit, there are more important things than weighing ourselves..as far as the BMI goes, the next time a doctor mentions it to me I'll prob end up in jai for shoving it where the sun doesn't shine, it is that useless. Measure body fat, lean body mass, do measurements, BMI is basically a rule of thumb with half the thumb missing, according to it some of the very fit people on here are overweight, it is basically  a statistical joke IMO (according to it, Lebron James is obese..)

Yeah, BMI is a bitch. I used to be a lot lighter though, so I'd like to at least get below 25. 

Walking, running, dancing, squatting.