Forums are back in action! ×

Serial destroyer missing one thing

Rawr.

I'm a 21 year old hardcore PC and iOS gamer. It's my life and passion, and I've been running my own gaming press site for a couple years now.

The philosophies discussed in the rules of the rebellion make me feel right at home, as I seem to demolish everything I try to do - except physical fitness. Then I realized that with every single other thing I've crushed, I had help. That said, it makes fantastic sense to me to hook up with you wonderful lot, giving me both the added strength of someone at my back and the potential to cover someone else's. 

My fitness experience has been sporadic. Few years of martial arts, a program's worth of parkour, a semester of lifting, all separated by years. That leaves my knowledge pretty darn limited, but I've really been in love with the concept of parkour since I first heard about it. Even in the middle of the program, however, I knew I was -the- most out of shape person in the room, and since then, the goal that I haven't committed to has been to come to a place where I'm ready to charge into it. 

I've got plenty of time on my hands. I've recently cut the terrible amounts of sugar I used to consume, threw out the candy and pop-tarts, etc. I know I don't have any excuses, and I'm looking forward to taking the next step with this community.

Ethereal

Level 0 Dragon Adventurer

STR: 0.0  DEX: 0.0  CON: 0.0 STA: 0.0  WIS: 0.0  CHA: 0.0

"If dragons weren't meant to fly, they wouldn't have been given wings."

Currently playing: League of Legends, Counter Strike:GO, Infinity Blade III, Awesomenauts

Current goal: Condition for first challenge (Oct 28).

At: 10 minute jog

Desire: 20 minute jog

Welcome! As you can already tell I'm sure, the super humans here are pretty awesome and welcoming.  Your confidence in tackling the hurdle of fitness is pretty awesome and so is your start with the healthier eating.

I know nothing of the world of free running and parkour besides that it looks freaking awesome and that I would probably crush my face if I tried, but there are a lot of people around to help you out and we're all here for support

yay parkour! i'm a newbie to it myself, and this past 6 week challenge has been devoted to getting fit enough to join in with the big boys in my city whenever they do open jams. i think i'm getting closer, but the next 6 week challenge will probably be a Part 2 of sorts to really make sure that i've got landing, rolling, balancing, and all that stuff down before i start hurtling myself from rooftop to rooftop.

ANYway, i'm always super excited to meet someone else who is just starting parkour, and i'd still really like to have a fellow newbie to buddy up with. the world of freerunning is so far out of my realm of experience...it's a little scary to tackle by myself, but still so exciting!

let me know if you'd like to buddy up, and be sure to keep posting about your progress!

level 4 elf ranger
STR | 6    DEX | 5    STA | 6    CON | 4    WIS | 4    CHA | 8