Forums are back in action! ×

Hello hello!
So I've been on the Paleo *diet* for 10 months now. I have moments when I slip up, but I honestly love these healthy eating habits and of course the results. I've lost about 20 lbs now and plateauing it seems. My question is...what now?! I would like to start gaining knowledge on various types of exercises as well as what it does for the body (ie... dumbell rolls target such and such muscle areas) I eventually want to be able to understand discussions on fitness such as carbs, proteins,...what each does and what it means. I've heard the terms many times and can use them, but I don't truly know much about it once I stop and think about it. I've done some exercises I spoted on here and have gained some muscle mass.  The best way I can explain this is..let's say math. Anyone can memorize an equation even if it doesn't really make sense to them. If someone explains what the equation means and where to begin, it's much easier for a person to grasp and remember.

I changed my eating habits and have stuck by them, so what is the next building block in not only fitness but fitness knowledge? Thanks in advance for anyone reading this. Input is greatly appreciated.

Welcome and hello, XMReshadore :)

You've pretty much answered your own question ("What now?") by stating your interest in learning more about exercise and nutrition.

The different Guilds can help you find more information on different ways of exercising. If you're not sure what kind of exercise you'd like more information about, a good way to figure it out can be found on Step 2 of creating your RLRP character. Once you've determined your direction of interest, you simply dig in and research! You can ask for helpful sites or other reading material and media in any of the individual Guild forums, or in the Rebel Army Base Camp. For more specific requests, you can search in the Powerlifting and Weightlifting, Bodyweight, or Running, Swimming, Biking And Endurance sections of NF. 

This Wikipedia article makes a fine diving board into the intricacies of nutrition. It an expansive article, with most of the information that anyone interested in digging deeper into nutrition could ever want - so don't just scroll through to check how long it is and pull a TL;DR! Take it in bite-sized chunks, and really just cruise around on it wherever your fancy takes you. I suggest you bookmark it; it makes it easier to come back to if (like me) you start tracking down specifics through the numerous links provided in it to other articles. ;)  You can also check out the General Diet and Nutrition section on NF for discussions on various components of the topic.

Hope this helps! :)

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!