Forums are back in action! ×

After my wake up moment

I guess you could say I'm new here but I've been trolling around the site for sometime now and have finally decided to get my rear in gear.

What really changed my mind was about two months ago I just woke up to my leg seized in place. I mean it has happened before but not to this level. I couldn't move it no matter what I tried and when I finally did; after about 20 minutes and a panic attack I was able to get up but I was in so much pain. Take a full leg Charlie horse and times it by five.

Well I was always taught to walk it off and stop being a wimp. So after walkin a bit and some crying it leveled out to a dual ache. I delt with it for about two weeks limping and rather some intense pain at moments when I sat down and it seized solid again. I called myself a wimp and called a doctor.

Well he didn't know what was causing it and gave me a RX for a stronger anti- inflammatory (that's what had been allowing me to walk) and asked me to go to physical therapy.

Well I did and the first time the therapist found my problem. I have one leg slightly shorter that the other and it is causing the joint at my hip to become inflamed and seize up. Yeah fun times.

Well after some sessions I am able to walk with out limping. Still have a little pain now and again but it is nothing I can't live with. I know the other half of my problem is being overweight. OK that is putting it nicely. I am nearly twice my maximum weight. It's not pretty.

That whole experience scared the crap out of my. I had been putting off getting in shape because I always believed I had time to do it later but up until about a week ago I was worried I would never walk without a limp.

So here I am ready to step foot into the world of exercise still a little wobbly but I'll find my footing.

So I am also a sugar addict. My first step besides adding some exercise is to cut soda. I have reduce what I drank during what I call my wake up period but I need to remove it. My main goal over all I know it's weak but I want to be able to run. I have never been able to in my life. So this is my intro and you will definitely see more of me.

Amazon wanna be Scout

Level 0

STR 0  |  DEX |  STA 0  |  CON 0  |  WIS 0  |  CHA 0
6 week Challenge

First

Start weight 365                                                                      CurrentWeight 353

3%
3%

Goal Weight 195

I am also a sugar addict, about a week into weaning myself off it. I strongly advise against going cold turkey - I did, it made me supremely ill - but it is possible. We can do it!

Level 2 Mountain Dwarf, Female, Age 20.
Training to become Pepper Potts, and on standby to run away with the Doctor.

Credit and all rights for my profile picture to pikalacynique on deviantart

You will see results just by cutting Soda, and of course other junk calories, but Soda is a big one. I see my mother, for the last 20 years, struggle with Soda addiction. Minimum 2L/day, and when she does decide to quit, she will drop 10-15lbs in no time. Problem is, like any addiction, it takes time and dedication to overcome.

Happy to see you're making a change for the better, just unfortunate something needs to happen for us to wake up sometimes you know.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw