Forums are back in action! ×

Geeze, this is a good idea! I wish I could have come across this site a few months ago when I first started my fitness journey. Having a work out community would have made my work much easier. Oh well, I have it now.

A little about myself: I am a 27 year old art teacher. I have spent the last 3 years teaching little kids to not eat the glue or stick crayons in their bodily orifices. I was pink slipped this spring because of budget cuts and being non-tenured. One of nearly a hundred given the boot. I could see the writing on the walls, so I wiped them down then realized what was going down in the district. This lead me to the decision to join the military. Since then I have been needing to drop weight, lower run time, and do more pushing.

Over the last 5 months, I have dropped 25 pounds gotten my mile to around 7 minutes, can do sets of 50 pushups and sit ups, and dropped multiple pant sizes. (I don't know how many because I am not going to waste my money on clothes I will be too skinny for in a few months, just put on a belt)

I wish I had a support community like this one to speed me on my goals, i would have had more success. But I am here now... For a bit. I ship to basic in August, so I only get to level here for a few short weeks then I will be gone for months. Maybe I can hit it hard when I return.

As far as goals go, I have reached my goals for the moment, and only have one goal in mind for the near future, it is to complete my training as a soldier. Any work I do now is prep for that.

I will be poking around for a bit, I am interested in parkour. Now that I can run More than a quarter mile with out getting winded, I think I have the stamina to start learning.

I am involved in the martial arts and have been for years. I studied shaolin Kung Fu for 7 years but quit that to wrestle in highschool. In college I took tai chi and started sport fencing. This lead to my current martial practice, historic European martial arts. I am a member of ARMA (www.thearma.org) which is the association of renaissance martial arts. This is not a role playing group or boffer bashing club, like SCA or Daggohir. We study the source material and try to accurately train and apply the combat forms the same way any other martial group would.

But enough about me. Hopefully I can contribute something before I ship off to pushup camp... Err... Army basic.

LVL 1 Monk

STR: 3 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 2 | WIS: 3 | CH: 3

For practice is better than art. Your exercise does well without the art, but the art is not much good without the exercise.

-Hanko Dobringer, 1389

Welcome to the Rebellion! I'm sure this community can still be helpful to you as you continue your journey. It's not like you're going to stop needing motivation now that you've hit some of your goals - there's always the next step in the process.

I am not going to waste my money on clothes I will be too skinny for in a few months

Love this! Great forward-looking attitude.

Right, never said I was done! Reaching goals just means new ones need to be set. I will be thinking about longer term goals to accomplish and quests to undertake.

LVL 1 Monk

STR: 3 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 2 | WIS: 3 | CH: 3

For practice is better than art. Your exercise does well without the art, but the art is not much good without the exercise.

-Hanko Dobringer, 1389