Forums are back in action! ×

It's time to get into life.

What's up nerds?

I'm a soda/booze guzzling, food gorging, chainsmoking gamer.  I work full-time and have been a pretty lazy individual since I graduated college.  When I get home, I just want to indulge in the things that make me feel happy and relax from work.  The problem is that all of these habits have started to catch up with me and I feel like hell most of the time.  Waking up in the morning is a chore.  I lack energy and concentration at work.  Staircases wind me.  I rarely leave the confines of my office or home.  It's become frustrating because I used to be very active in high school and most of college and I want that energy and confidence back.  I want that momentum that propels me to stay active back.

I realized about a month ago that my eating habits, vices, and unhealthy ammounts of time spent gaming are holding me back from truly enjoying my life.  There is a lot more to life than sitting on your ass in an office chair or on a couch.  I'll be having pokemon battles in the retirement home, but I need to start gaming in moderation.

I'm glad that I found this site.  I look forward to reading more of the articles and start formulating a healthy life gameplan.  I know that one of the first things that I am going to need to do is kick the smoking habit.  I kicked it for about two years after being a huge smoker in college, so I know that I can do it.  I picked it back up recently because I'm usually burnt out after a full day at the office.  It's been a stress releiving ritual, but the hacking coughs are becoming very unpleasant.  Next, I want to drop my body fat %.  I'm 5'10, with a good amount of muscle, but 225 lbs.  Once I get lean, then I plan to focus on lifting heavy.  I love the feeling of being strong.

All that said, I look forward to meeting you guys on the forums and seeing where this fitness adventure takes me.

It's time to get into life!

- LuckyGamer