Forums are back in action! ×

A False King, story thus far

Going to apologize up front, this is gonna be long! As i've been in this battle since Aug 2010.

Height: 5'7

Weight: 250

I've had the nickname KingChubz since I was in middle school (1996) and just learned to wear it like a suit of armor. I never played a single sport throughout highschool either and just loved gaming and watching anime. Been working office jobs for 7 years now (IT) and at my peak I hit 250lbs.

My journey started in Aug of 2010 @ 250lbs

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/3954/meinvegas.jpg

I did cardio until about October (1hour a day on the elliptical, mon-fri) and ate less, A LOT less at that (like 1k-1.5k calories). My weight dropped to 230ish and people started to notice and that really motivated me. I had several people really take interest in me, one of my best friends agreed to break his workout schedule (during lunch) and come with me after work, which was a huge pain for him. Sometimes I had to pick him up and he would pick me up, since we both just didn’t feel like going after a long day of work and we had to leave and come right back because that’s where our gym is.

My strength training started and it went something like this.

Mon-Fri: Chest/back, Bi/tris, Traps/shoulders

We did cardio in between those 3 days and we would do a shopping list of workouts. 2 hours in the gym of lifting, 5-6 different workouts for each muscle, it was long and grueling but I put forth my best effort, I am a King after all. Eventually my wrist really started to bother me so much that when I got into a pushup position it hurt. I literally ran myself ragged on these workouts, I dropped to about 220ish during this time. (we didn’t do any squats or deadlifts during this)

After the whole wrist incident, I did cardio throughout the rest of December (It hurt to grip elliptical tightly) and took off the week of xmas while I was in FL. I promised myself to get back into Strength training when I got back, that a month was enough rest, and luckily it was, because I loved lifting and now I knew many lifts w/o my trainer needing to be there.

From January – April 2011 began my solo training, with a couple of pointers and work-ins with my friends that also went to the same gym. I changed my diet also, not Paleo but I upped my protein > carb ratio by quite a bit, eating a bag of apples throughout the week, canned tuna/chicken (not so tasty). I eventually got down to 215ish, where I swear it wouldn’t budge for the longest time. I didn’t really measure myself and I used the same workout routines that my friend showed me, with less workouts that stressed my wrists.

April is when things started getting a lot better; I began reading endless articles on T-Nation and revamped my entire workout, into 5 day strength training. Broken up into Mon – Fri: chest/back/legs/shoulders/arms. Things were getting good; I was getting stronger and thinner. I got down to 208-212; I weighed myself every day at work, not that it bothered me that much; I used it as a marker since I could really tell through my clothes and my belt notches.

Eventually one of my buddies that has been pushing Paleo on me (he is a crossfitter) and reads Nerdfitness, sent me the article of Saint who inspired me to switch to Paleo. I began reading daily on this website, my diet is pretty strict now and my workouts have been changing drastically again from all my research. I find this works pretty good for me mon-fri: Chest/Arms/Legs/Shoulders/Back I chose this to separate my 3 big lifts, Bench/Squats/Deadlifts, I think eventually I will switch Legs with Chest or even Arms, So my legs can fully rest before I Deadlift (even though it’s mostly back).

(I started weighing myself in the morning this week) As of this Morning my weight is at 198!

This is a picture of me 4 weeks ago at a BBQ. Weight? Probably 208, I always weighed myself right before my workouts at 11AM though.

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/9296/metree.jpg

Goal:

Bench 1.5 Bodyweight

Squat 2x Bodyweight

Deadlift 2x Bodyweight

Curent:

Bench: 255 x1

Squat: 235x1

Deadlift: 305 x1

"Ain't nothing to it, but to do it!" -Ronnie Coleman

"Milk is for babies" -Arnold