Forums are back in action! ×

Ugh. It took me 2 yrs to lose 96 lbs. I had about 30 left to go when I joined the Rebellion in July. I was gung ho. I joined the challenge.

And then I gained almost TWENTY FUCKING POUNDS.

Now, I won't beat myself up too much about it. My "level up" goal was to get a new job, which I did. I knew where I wanted to work. I sent one résumé out. I had one interview. I got the damn job.

YAY!

But it's a sit on my ass job, still working overnight, sleeping all day. I moved in with my Gentleman friend (henceforth known as The Gent), who likes to cook. He's fantastic. But he's old school, so every meal has a starch - sometimes two. 

Add to all that starch a martini or a glass of wine (or both, or several), and my skirts don't fit anymore. Blergh.

So now, I've gone from a nearly-fit 166 to a bloaty, constipated, unhappy 184. So I'm back. And in my office, my sneakers are in my bag. I'm jogging home in the morning.

Yay!  Well it sounds like things have been pretty busy for you lately, it takes time to settle into a new job and a new living situation.  But it's good that you're ready to get back to it.  I'm in a similar situation - I spent about 2 years losing 30 pounds (not nearly as impressive as your almost 100!) and in less than a year I put it all back on.  I've found while my pants are getting tighter, my confidence is slipping away.  Not cool.  So I'm totally with you - leave it behind and get back to it!

Good luck!

Mmm... kaik.

Twitter - flickr