Forums are back in action! ×

Newly 30 (sniffle) stay at home mom to a toddler here. I've been working at weight loss for about a year now by easing into permanent lifestyle changes. I got most of my results when I started counting calories and by changing how/what I ate then eventually adding in more activity. I am on my 2nd month working out with a trainer. I really love it but it's so expensive which means it's time to figure out how to stay on track at home. I am down 33ish pounds since starting and about 1 pound away from my goal weight of 125. I am 5'3 and it seems like a good place to stop and work on the squishy! I have browsed NF before but didn't think to join or  maybe I planned to and totally forgot 5 minutes later :)  My goal now is to continue to keep up on nutrition, cut out all the junk food (so tough!) and keep strength training a regular part life (and hopefully tone up in the process). It's really great to meet everyone. Looking forward to using the forums!

Welcome to the Forums! 

Congrats on losing 33ish lbs with a toddler, not an easy thing to do! And also, losing it in a healthy and gradual way!

You're right about PT, can be very expensive. There is some great starter bodyweight programs on NF for you to look through. It's not easy sometimes working out at home, 2013 has been the year, where I had no choice but to start looking at home routines, working straight nights and having 3 kids, is challenging. But, in the end, very rewarding, as you are also being a great role model for your kid. My kids sometimes like to join in, count reps, or get on my back for some added weights for push ups. hahaha.

I wish you continued success in your healthy lifestyle  :smile-new:

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

Thanks for the welcome :)

I'm really glad you found a way to balance life/fitness and were able to integrate your workout @ home. Really looking forward to getting to that point! My daughter loves to exercise too. She is crazy about the balance ball. I can't get down on the ground for anything without her climbing on my back either. Makes for a tough workout so everything has to happen after bed time because I am definitely not a morning person! Thanks again.

Welcome to NF! Great stuff! 33 lbs is a remarkable achievement. It sounds like you have the motivation, so you probably don't need a personal trainer anyway. Have you found someone at the gym you can workout with? and I found that the Daily Battle Logs help me out. I've committed to putting something in there each day I workout (and I feel kind of guilty when I don't :redface-new: ).

-AJ