Forums are back in action! ×

Right out of bed

Hello all!

I have a question and was wondering if anyone can help me.

I work really long hours (8.30am to 10 or 11pm depending) and sit on my bum all day long. To get a little activity going, I was considering doing some excercise/stretches in my room right when I get out of bed before I change up as I usually have about 15 to 20 mins to spare. But I know it's not good to do anything on cold muscles cause you can injure youself. So I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on what I can do to just get my blood pumping in the morning when I get out of bed that can be done within a small space... I really need some excercise or movement of some sort lol.

Thanks much in advance! :)

Personally I've never had a problem with doing body-weight workouts after getting out of bed without doing any kind of warm-up. I went through a period of a few months where I'd get up, do a couple of sets of 30-40 push-ups, maybe some sit-ups, have a shower and then do another couple of sets of 30-40 push-ups and I never suffered any kind of injury because of it. Of course everyone is different but it's not like you're going to be getting up and lifting heavy weights, I find that simple body-weight exercises act as their own warm-up. That being said what Russ suggested sounds good (even if you don't need to warm-up the jumping jacks will give you a cardio workout), I'd throw in some kind of abdominal/core exercise for completeness, personal recommendations being bicycle crunches or the plank

I do my workouts in the morning right after wake up. I'm using the rebel strength guide for my workout guide and it has a warm up routine in it. I do that before I get into the serious pushing working. Not had any issues.

LvL 2 - Viking Adventurer (Warrior in Training)

STR 4 | DEX 3 | STA 4 | CON 5 | WIS 5 | CHA 5

Current Challenge ~ Fit Bit Profile ~  Rogue Squadron ~

~ YouTube ~ @JConfidence ~ Facebook ~