Forums are back in action! ×

Hi guys,

So when I was a teenager, I used to be fit, healthy and played a lot of sport. Unfortunately when I was 16 I received an injury while playing rugby (I split my pancreas in half, I kid you not! questions are welcome) which meant I had to spend 2 months in hospital. After I recovered I was stupid enough to start rugby again and ripped 2 ligaments in my knee. At which point I took the hint and stopped playing. So I went through A-Levels and went to University (doing a degree in Comp Sci and AI) and didn't do nearly as much excercise and a lot more drinking. I am now 21 and have yet to get back to my original fitness and have gained a lot of body fat.

While at work (I am currently taking a year out between my 2nd and 3rd year of uni to work in the industry) I was looking at articles on the internet and happened to stumble over NerdFitness. I’ve been reading the blog posts over the past weeks and decided I’d like to join the community. I’ve also bought the Rebel Strength Guide.

My long term goals are to get down to around 12-13% fat (currently ~20%), be able to do 20 pull ups (never been able to do more than two or three, can’t even do one now), and bench press twice by body weight by next summer.

Hello to you all!

Hi there!

I'm in the UK too, found the site recently and it's really resonated!  It's definitely helped me improve my life!  Good luck with the goals!

Hi Obitim!

Glad you have found the website useful and you're improving your life. Are there many people from the UK on here? I'm from London btw, how about you?