Forums are back in action! ×

What's up, everyone? My name is Ray and I just signed up today. I'm 18 years old (just graduated this last year) and live in Louisiana. Actually, my high school mascot was a rebel, so it feels good to be a rebel again. Haha. I wrestled in high school, but I tore my ACL and didn't wrestle my senior year. The recovery time was a little over a year, and in that time frame, I lost my level of fitness and the will to get there. I'm here to try to build that will back up and get back on track.

Actually, yesterday was the first time I saw the Nerd Fitness site. I spent about two hours reading posts on there. Abruptly, I decided I'm going to challenge myself to the Paleo diet for 30 days. I'm enlisted in the US Navy and want to make it a final goal to be 13% body fat or under by the time I ship for basic (I am currently at about 17 to 18%). My ship date is December 26th, the day after Christmas, leaving me with about two months to accomplish that goal. I believe that if I can make it through 30 days on the diet, then it should be a breeze to continue with the same eating habits. At the same time, I want to start doing lifting and running at home to help myself build muscle and burn fat. 

I appreciate any support and will support anyone here that could use it. I look forward to being a member of the Nerd Fitness community!

And personal opionions: is cutting 5% a difficult goal for a two month frame of time?

-Mind Strong, Body Strong-