Forums are back in action! ×

Ready to be back in shape

I'm pretty much just like everyone else here, used to be a high school athlete and I was in great shape. I played volleyball, basketball, softball and soccer for my highschool. I also played travel softball and travel volleyball and was a competitive horseback rider also. Fast forward to now, I'm 5' 11" and went from being 175 lbs of almost all muscle to being 210 lbs of mostly body fat. I'm technically considered a sophomore in college but I've been forced to take a semester off. I had shoulder surgery back in March and was in a brace for 6 weeks. A week after having my brace off I was told I was not allowed to pick up more than 2 pounds, I had an accident at work which dislocated my shoulder and in my anger at what happened I put it back in myself causing more damage to my arm, also dislocating my clavicle, and caused damage to my scapula. However I am now considered healed by my doctors and they say I should be fine.

I've completed all my physical therapy and have gone from not even being able to complete one push up without my arm giving out and causing me to face plant on the floor, to being able to do 5 push ups and hold a 20 second plank. I know that doesn't seem like that big of an accomplishment but to me that's huge. I've been lurking around this website for a while and after seeing all the amazing changes and all the positivity on here I decided to join in.

My goals with joining this revolution are to become healthier as an individual. Make better diet choices. Not only recover the old strength I used to have in my shoulder but to surpass it. Because of the pain I used to deal with I could never properly workout my upper body therefore my arms, chest, and back muscles were no where near the strength levels I had in my lower body. Also I want to change the way I view myself. Ever since I've gained this weight I've began to hate myself more and more, but I'm slowly getting better with it. I want to stop comparing myself to others. Even back in highschool I would always compare myself to the girl next to me and over time I've created this awful image of myself. I want to be comfortable and confident in my body.

After lurking around this website and reading some of the other posts I've realized I'm not only and other people have overcome these same types of difficulties. I think its time I join this revolution and start becoming a healthier me.

This is definitely the site for you alot of people here are always willing to answering questions and remember everyone pretty friendly don't hesitate to ask a question ever.  Some one else was probably waiting for someone to ask the same thing.  

And good job on your progression so far.

“Happiness consists in getting enough sleep. Just that, nothing more.†  Starship Troopers

“There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.†  Starship Troopers

“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms†  Starship Troopers

Follow and comment for my current challenge at this link:  

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/39940-toms-adventures-in-rangering

And this is my Battle Log

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/38791-early-morning-challange/page-2