Forums are back in action! ×

Just a quick note to introduce myself:

Hello, my name is Glen. I live in Cornelius, a small town just west of Portland OR.  I began my weight loss journey back in July.  I have had a great deal of success just by increasing my activity and logging my food.  I use a fitbit one for tracking my daily activity and log everything I eat into the fitbit software.  I spent the month of September at 'The clinic by Dr H'.  Basically a boot camp for cleaning up the diet and kickstarting a daily fitness routine.  I'll save the whole story of my trip there for another time.  

My current "prescription" from the good doctor is limit my calories to about 1600 per day (of healthy REAL foods avoiding salt and simple carbs) and do 2.5 hours of vigorous exercise 6 days a week.  

I stumbled upon the nerdfitness blog a week ago and have really enjoyed reading the articles and checking out the great workout tips and links.  I will definitely be adding some of the workouts to my routine.  

I would be really interested in finding other Rebels in the Portland area that would like to work out and/or just do fun activities together as I find group exercise to be much more fun and motivating.