Forums are back in action! ×

Hello fellow Rebels!

Harley Quinn here!

Though that's not really my name. She's just my favourite female Batman character.

I have been a six month lurker to nerd fitness and I decided to give it a go. Up until now I just wasn't ready to seriously ready to lose weight and get healthy. Sure I went to the gym, and luckily I have never really been a junk food or soda kinda gal. Nothing wrong with them, I don't mind to occasional reese peanut butter cup. But it's never really been a necessity. But my main problem was my fast food cravings. I thought I had gotten them under control and never really went out to eat until I moved in with my boyfriend Mr. J. (His real name is Jason so yes I call him that all the time.)

I had gone from a whopping 200 lbs, which for a girl who is 5'4", that's not a good thing. One thing though is I love to walk. Which, along with healthier eating, I was able to go down to 150 lbs. Unfortunately, I had gotten sick and dropped another 10 lbs. Since recovering I had regained my ability to eat and have since gone up to 170 in 9 months. I need help and this place I know I will be able to get the help and support I need to get into shape.

I want to be like Harley Quinn, at least active-wise. She's so fit and well awesome. Not so much insane.

Long Term Goals

1. Feel comfortable in my body.

2. Gain the confidence I need to stop being a timid pushover.

3. Feel healthy again.

4. Feel comfortable dressing up as Harley Quinn for Halloween.

5. Finally buy that little black dress and feel sexy in it.

6. Be healthy and confident that I can take boxing or other forms of fighting styles.

Current Main Goal

I just want to be able to able to do pushups on the ground. So I am going to work my way through the motions to go from wall pushups to actually doing the 100 pushup challenge.

heck yeah! i've been thinking about getting back into boxing, but parkour still has my heart for now. i love when women get in to male-dominated sports like these. it makes my heart happy.  :) 
i can say that you are in the right place if what you're after is good health - both mental and physical. for instance, i haven't reached the fitness goals which i thought were necessary in order for me to feel comfortable in my own skin, but after two 6 week challenges i am more confident and feel more capable than ever before. i also have had a total attitude makeover, going from "i wish i could sword fight/other random badass activity" to "i'm gonna try sword fighting!" even something as small as growing my hair out as long as i've always wanted it to be, NF has given me the healthy perspective, tools, and ability to find the motivation within myself to know that i can do anything i set my mind to.
can't wait to hear about all the ass you're gonna kick on your fitness journey! good luck to you, Harley!

level 4 elf ranger
STR | 6    DEX | 5    STA | 6    CON | 4    WIS | 4    CHA | 8

Thank you as well Hannah!

I know. I want to try parkour as well, which will happen eventually. But mainly I just want to try out new things. Though my main one is boxing right now.

But I agree completely. I think it is great when women especially try out boxing, or martial arts and the like.

We aren't all delicate little flowers.

I have two older brothers so I can hold my own for the most part, but I still want to actually look graceful when I'm about to throw a punch, or what have you.

I've heard of that 5k, and as a zombie fan I love the idea of going to one. But unfortunately I can't drive. Yes. 24 and I still don't have a drivers. For shame! The closest zombie 5k would be in Edmonton which is 2 hrs away so yea.

Our goals are very similar which is nice. 

I think that is a great idea! It's always nice to have some support to get things moving smoothly.