Forums are back in action! ×

Hi there!  I have to come to the realization that I need to do something about my weight.  Two kids and a sedentary job, plus nearing middle age means I can't eat crap like I used to.  I used to be very active: biking, running, swimming, doing triathlons.  But then I had kids and I just don't have the time to pop off for a 20 mile bike ride after work anymore.  I've tried running in the morning before work, but that usually requires me to only get about 4-5 hours of sleep, and as I've aged, I just can't hang with sleep deprivation anymore.  I try to go to the gym at lunch, but it seems like something always comes up (or - let's face it - I get lazy).  I feel so much better when I'm eating right and exercising, but it's hard to get back into it when you've been away for a while. I need something to keep me focused and accountable.  And to encourage me.

About me:

Married, two kids (ages 6 & 4), work full-time in telecom for a software company, going to school part-time working toward a B.S. in chemistry.  Dream of going on to a PhD program next.  My days are full, and I don't always get to make meals at home.  I often have to find something from a vending machine on campus to quell the grumble in my tummy.  

Hope to get to know some forumites and make some new (nerdy! yay!) friends.

Kids AND college AND a job? You go girl! I can barely handle school and a job and a cat!

My #1 recommend for on-the-go tummy grumbles: Nuts. I go to a grocery store where you can get 'em by the pound, so you're not paying for packaging, and I just go crazy. I get a couple pounds of different varieties and keep them in a tupperware or mason jar in my purse wherever I go. Expensive, but they don't need refrigeration or microwaving, and they're packed with protein. 

Welcome to this place! Best of luck with your goals!

LV 0 | HOMO SAPIEN

ADVENTURER

STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

IT BEGINS LOG

---

THERE ARE MORE THINGS IN HEAVEN AND EARTH, HORATIO, THAN ARE DREAMT OF IN OUR PHILOSOPHY.