Forums are back in action! ×

Soldier looking for extra help

Hey all. New to Nerd Fitness. Still finding my way around, looking at different workouts. I'm 22, Infantryman in the US Army. Obviously, I do PT at work, but I have a hard time finding the energy to do more after work. My diet kills me, too. Lots of fast food. It's convenient, and cheap. And my work life is so crazy. Hoping this place will be of great help.

Were are you stationed currently i am at Fort Campbell myself and would be willing to help ya accomplish your goals.

“Happiness consists in getting enough sleep. Just that, nothing more.†  Starship Troopers

“There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.†  Starship Troopers

“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms†  Starship Troopers

Follow and comment for my current challenge at this link:  

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/39940-toms-adventures-in-rangering

And this is my Battle Log

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/38791-early-morning-challange/page-2

Did you get to read the free e-books? It's easier if you create a team. I'm willing to help in any way I can. I'm new here too, but I'm looking for new friends.

And I used to have this problem with fast food, but truth is, I never really liked fast food, so it was easier for me to convince myself that it was doing bad for me.

What I did was just stop and look for alternatives. At first my snacks started out as fruits, I've switched diets, from fast food diet to a more healthy one. Stopped the sugar... the bread was only whole wheat, and other minor adjustments.

Today, after reading about this Paleo diet, I'm starting to change things to try it. 

But it's always easier if you have someone to talk to about it.

Hey man, I know what you mean

I'm a midshipman, and i've spent the last 6 months at sea. The food isn't exactly healthy on the ship, but it's all we really get, and there are definitly days where it's harder to put in the extra workout after work, school stuff and training. Let me know if you ever want to talk about that sort of stuff