Forums are back in action! ×

Hello! I am Beyotaur and I am new here.

Hello everyone. My name is Beyotaur. I am 22 years old (23 soon), and I am severely overweight. I have been overweight my whole life practically, the only time I was ever skinny was when I was 4 years old or younger. I have been working out, and trying to watch what I eat for a few months now, even though I only found this site yesterday. I started at 321lbs, and I am at 294lbs so far just on my own. I have a long way to go to reach what I want. I think a solid attainable goal for next year would be to lose another 60lbs. That is what I am shooting for so far, and if I exceed it, that would rock!

I found this website though a link someone posted on Imgur, it had a list of 25 awesome free websites that can help with various things. I was intending to go to the website that taught you how to read and write code, as it is something I am interested in learning, but this link popped out to me, I clicked it, and I read article after article all night last night. I read both of the book things the site creator wrote, and probably 20 different articles. I intend to read more after I post this!

I tried the beginner body weight work out this morning instead of my normal workout. I was only able to do one circuit, but now I have something small to work towards besides just shedding the pounds. I knew that workout was going to kick my ass, I am just so heavy! >.< But I will build up the muscle, and when I get lighter it will get easier still.

To have a place full of fellow nerds, who are in the same position as me, wanting to better themselves, it is really inspiring. I have had my own motivation for the past three months. I am sick of being someone I don't care for (physically), and complaining, or moping about it for the past 15 or so years has not gotten me any closer to being who I want to be. I realized that changing was well within my control, and all I needed to do was put in the time and effort to get there. I don't care how long it takes me. It would be amazing if I was able to get where I want to be by the end of next year, but if it takes me 10 years so be it. What is important is that once I get there, I will be who I want to be.

Even now, with so much farther to go, I feel so much better about myself just because I am trying. 

To everyone else out there, I am here to fight the fight with you!

Great read :) Glad you found the forums! You already took the first, most important steps in your journey. You got this, keep at it, if you really want it, it's already done, just need to accomplish the journey ;)

If ever you need help with anything, don't hesitate, shoot me a PM!

It's not 80% diet, 20% exercise, it's 100% diet, 100% exercise. Give it your all.

My journey (Date - Total - BF % - LBM)

2012-01-01 - 242 - 35% - 157

2013-12-15 - 172 - 10% - 155

2016-05-01 - 231 - 25% - 173

Hey fellow Imgurian! I found this site the same way you did and I love it so far. Congrats on the progress you've already made, that's impressive! Hit me up if you want a friend to help keep you motivated!

LV 0 | HOMO SAPIEN

ADVENTURER

STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

IT BEGINS LOG

---

THERE ARE MORE THINGS IN HEAVEN AND EARTH, HORATIO, THAN ARE DREAMT OF IN OUR PHILOSOPHY.

Hello yello..

Awesome work on losing the weight. Keep it up, you've already done the hardest part - getting started.

Good Luck!

Level 3 - Half-Elf Warrior, STR - 5 | DEX - 1 | STA - 6 | CON - 5.5 | WIS - 3.5 | CHA - 5

I know where I'm going, and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want. ~  Ali

Previous Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5