Forums are back in action! ×

Do You Think This Will Work? (ULTIMATE PUSHUP PROGRESSION)

"Do as many pushups as you can without stopping, in this case I will use the number 20.

Now, multiply your number by 25%.

So: 20x.25=5

Now do this every other day:

10-15 sets of that number (5)

Once you can do 15 sets of 5 pushups, the next week increase that number by one, once you can do 15 sets of that number, the next week increase by one and so on. By the end you will be able to do sets of the number that was your max in the beginning, thus increasing your strength, endurance and Pushup max a lot."

Read more: http://www.askscooby.com/bulking-up-and-gaining-muscle/ultimate-pushup-progression/#ixzz1StTMEvne

I like the hundredpushups.com program. I worked my way all the way up to 75 reps in about 6 weeks. 5 sets a day 3 times a week for 6 weeks.

Personally, I don't see the need to do 10-15 sets of push-ups for progression but that is just my experience. Others may post different results.

+1 for 100pushups. That and 200 squats can be a great "on-the-go" workout routine. Your workout sounds good too. Anything that will get you up and doing pushups. Once you get better at it, you can sub pushup variations (wider hands, staggered hands, one-handed, etc.). Try it out for a few weeks and let us know how it goes. GL :)

That is pretty much the same thing I've been doing. But I do a set of squats then hit the ground and do a set of push ups. Each week I switch from doing this without resting until my arms are spent. Then the next week I rest for about 2 minutes between sets. This is working for me. My strength and endurance is definitly getting better. So your plan sounds good to me.

"Sweat is just fat crying"

"Courage is endurance for one moment more"

"Forget the sky there is no limit"

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" Leo Tolstoy

Follow me https://twitter.com/J_oreo77

Instgram- j_oreo77