Forums are back in action! ×

Names Scooby and I think I found my place

Howdy,

The name is Scooby.  I honestly couldn’t tell you how I stumbled on this site.  To be honest what kept me looking more and more into the site was the pictures in the blog posts and articles.  The content you find all over the web somewhere is the same, but it is how it’s presented and the community behind it.  I am just saying, I can read the article during my lunch and have HR come by and see super ripped guys and women in scantily clad swim suits or Legos/Star Wars/D&D…and Legos are just awesome in general.  Also now Google Ads will start to become back to what I am used to seeing.

TL;DR
I ref roller derby, want to lose weight, and looking for tips/help/advice

Anyway to tell a little about myself
I am 26 and weigh more then I would like to.  I used to have a pretty active life style in high school and college including paintball, pick up games of football, and other random things while still finding the time to go to FNM or roll some crits on the necromancer who is trying to destroy a town.

But as time progressed and I got a real job and find myself in a cubical 40+ hours a week and moving 2+ hours away from friends those pick up weekend warrior games are no longer an option without a little bit of planning. 
My wife plays roller derby and I am a referee for her league and a lot of neighboring leagues as well.  Don’t get me wrong, it is an active sport, and reffing is a good bit of exercise but I feel like I plateaued on what it was doing for me.  Skating around fast and hard is great for the legs, but doesn’t do anything for my upper body aka my gut.  Also I know that losing weight will help me a lot with my skating endurance and ability (I did a triple header and was exhausted after that while other refs were talking about going to an open skate afterwards).  Plus a lot of those neighboring leagues are across state lines so the healthy eating can be pretty difficult at times when you are in an area you don’t know.  I hope by browsing the articles and forums I can find help and tips for my weekend trips.

I don’t have set “goals†per say.  I know that I want to get to 180 lbs and by doing that everything I want to do will fall into place while I do that (eating healthier, building strength).  Just to become healthier overall is the end game goal.  That and winning a PTQ would be nice along the way.