Forums are back in action! ×

Hello fellow nerds!

Why hello there!

My name is Natasha and I was shown this site by a friend of mine who is helping me get back on track. I have a rare blood cancer (aggressive systemic mastocytosis for those who care) that makes it hard for me to eat most foods. My reactions are minimal so I avoid the worst offenders such as alcohol, broccoli, and leftovers but other than that throw caution to the wind and feel like crap a lot.

I would like to suggest a new class be added, the Changeling. The changeling's physical appearance has a wide range from thinner to larger but it most noted for it's ability to deal with whatever curve ball is thrown it's way. Changeling's deal with chronic illness or physical handicaps and do best in low impact activities.

So this is my first step forward because I'm sick of being sick and taking pills. While my illness doesn't have cure, I know if I tackle my diet I can get off the meds I'm on. I'm 25,  5'03" tall, and weigh 125lbs. Two days ago I check my blood pressure and it was 148/110 which is dangerously high. My heart isn't the best to the point where going up a flight of stairs sends it into a flurry. I would consider myself a changeling looking to become more of a druid. Do to my heart and illness limits it makes it hard to do serious exercising.

My first goal is to cut out grains again in 2 months by reducing my intake of them gradually while simultainously eating more veggies as I barely eat them. Secondly I would like to start back into yoga which will be a slow thing starting mostlikely at 5 to 10 minute sun salutation when physically able at least 2x a week and hopefully getting it up to everyday and being able to do a full 40-60 minute session once a day in 4 months.

These seem like easy goals, but the illness is always tricky. I've cut out grains before, and the hardest part is the first few days to a week when you come off eating them and you crave it so hard, but I know I can get away from them and stay away from.

So here's to the start of being a healthier, happier, less crappy symptom self.
Good luck to everyone else as well!

~Natasha

Howzit, Natasha :loyal: 

They should definitely have a "Changeling" class...it would be the most respected and kick-ass class of all! I really admire your strength and determination to become healthier :tongue: 

Do your meds help your ASM at all? Have you tried going off your meds before?

Jacob O'Brien :ghost: 

yoga_art_07b.jpg

Eli and the Timeline of Growth

"Anxiety is love's greatest killer. It makes others feel as you might when a drowning man holds on to you.

You want to save him, but you know he will strangle you with his panic." ~ Anaïs Nin