Forums are back in action! ×

Self Education - Free College Courseware from MIT?!

“The idea is simple: to publish all of our course materials online and make them widely available to everyone.â€
Dick K.P. Yue, Professor, MIT School of Engineering

Unlocking Knowledge

MIT OpenCourseWare (OCW) is a web-based publication of virtually all MIT course content. OCW is open and available to the world and is a permanent MIT activity.

Empowering Minds

Through OCW, educators improve courses and curricula, making their schools more effective; students find additional resources to help them succeed; and independent learners enrich their lives and use the content to tackle some of our world’s most difficult challenges, including sustainable development, climate change, and cancer eradication.

This is a completely free site, with all materials offered free-of-charge to anyone who wants to use them to further their own education. I am EXCEEDINGLY stoked to find something like this, as I've always been a fan of continued education even outside the confines of college. And to answer those who immediately scoff and think, "Why waste your time when you're not even earning credits toward getting a degree for it?", I'd like to introduce what seems to be a foreign concept to far too many people: the CLEP test. And even if your college of choice doesn't offer that option for a particular class you might be willing to invest your free time in prior to paying out the ass for it, think about how much easier that class will be if you've already learned the vast majority of the material - and how much time that will free up for you to really concentrate on other classes you're not already familiar with.

Anyway, I am excited to have this kind of opportunity literally at my fingertips and free of cost! So I thought I'd share the opportunity with the rest of NF, and maybe some of you will benefit from it too. :)

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!