Forums are back in action! ×

I Develop Autonomy for Underwater Robots

That's my best introduction line for a group of self-described nerds. Honestly, most of the nerd cred on here puts me to shame. But I do play with robots for a living, my degrees are in Mechanical Engineering, and I have notebooks full of widget designs and concepts waiting to be built. In my spare time, I'm more of a theology/philosophy and social dance nerd. Maybe between all of that I have enough credibility to be one of you awesome people!

I have been blessed/cursed with a naturally athletic physique - six feet tall, 190 pounds. Maybe that's not entirely true, since I grew up with decent eating habits and I dance fairly regularly, which builds exercise into my recreation. The good side of that is that I stay pretty healthy. On the other hand, it makes it hard to find the motivation to make big life changes and get really diligent about things like diet and exercise. I also haven't had a clear goal before, but I have to say that the whole race/profession model is helpful. I'm trying to decide between aiming at Ranger, Assassin, or Monk.

So yeah - that's me. I'm not good with the whole online community thing, but I'll try. Good to meet y'all, and I've enjoyed reading some of the other posts here. So many inspiring and awesome people!