Forums are back in action! ×

It all starts here.

Happy Halloween, everyone!

I'm new here, looking to try something new and fun (finally!). I spent about 5 hours just reading the over the blog posts (I'm a huge bookworm), and honestly, it's like rainbows! Major "healthy-lifestyle" companies could learn a few things from NF. I love that everything stated is supported by experiments, evidence, and good ol' fashioned facts. Since I am a science major, I can really appreciate it!

Anywho, down to the ugly. I am 35 lbs overweight, and though I haven't measured, I'm pretty sure my body fat percentage is also out of hand. After graduating high school, those pounds that volleyball had kept at bay started to creep up on me. Afterwards it was very hard to get into anything fitness-y, and I became very resentful of my body. I hated looking into the mirror because I knew I wouldn't like what I saw.

Now a college freshman, I've decided to really try this time. This awesome blend of science and fitness is sure to help me reach my goals. I've already downloaded "Self-Restraint" so I can stay away from distracting websites during the 6-Week challenge. I start Paleo on Monday, with the Beginner Body Weight Workout. I've already cut any fizzy drinks from my diet, along with fast foods of any kind. I know these are just the baby steps, but even the toughest warrior was once a baby, right?

Thanks for reading! I look forward to involving myself on this site :)