Forums are back in action! ×

Quack (Apparently I'm a Duck)

So, I'm probably an anomaly in this forum as the only kind of online gaming I ever got into was Kingdom of Loathing, and I haven't done that in a while. I was setting up my profile, and for a moment, my brain managed to mix Druid and Monk and get Duck. Therefore, QUACK, I'm a duck.

I've been reading about Paleo and saying I should do it for 2 or 3 years. I'd manage to stick to it for a few days, then wander off again. I've gone mostly Paleo for the last 2 weeks. What instigated this? I went to a doctor and had a food allergy test run. It showed I'm allergic to about 40 different things, which is indicative of a leaky guy. I'm now supposed to be avoiding those 40 things for 3 months. Gluten isn't a big deal, I've been gluten-free for about 6 years now. However, pepper? Seriously? How the heck do I cook without pepper?!? At least the nightshades aren't out... Then he dropped another bomb: probable yeast infection. For which he gives me a prescription and doesn't say a THING about limiting sugar. At least I know I should be.

So, I figure since my diet is going to be severely restricted anyway, now was the time to go full-blown Paleo. In the last 2 weeks, I've lost 7 pounds and had more energy than I've had in years. I'm even almost thinking about exercising again.

So, enough blabbing for an intro?

As for butter versus margarine, I trust cows more than chemists. - Joan Gussow

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need. - Cicero

Current Quest Previous 1 2 3 4 (formerly known as Twibble)

Could be worse....you could have mixed Druid and Monk and been a Drunk.

Welcome! And congrats on your Paleo success so far!

Thanks!

And drunk doesn't really describe me. Lush is more my style...

As for butter versus margarine, I trust cows more than chemists. - Joan Gussow

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need. - Cicero

Current Quest Previous 1 2 3 4 (formerly known as Twibble)