Forums are back in action! ×

Getting back into shape after ACL Surgery

Hey guys,

I found this website through Reddit the other day. I am glad I have. My back story is I use to weigh 310 pounds went down to 210 and settled around 220 for the last year. Everything was going great, found my passion, rock climbing and was having a great time. This spring I decided I really wanted to get into much better shape to accelerate my climbing. I started lifting, eating better, and doing cardio much more seriously. Unfortunately, I tore my ACL playing basketball. I then proceeded to become depressed, through couch locked syndrome and gained weight. I am now at 260. I finally have been cleared for gym routine after surgery, almost 5 months out now. My goals are to get back to it and get back on track. I have been easy into the gym and plan to get to my ultimate goal weight of 185 pounds in the next year. It is going to be harder this time because I can't just go play basketball 4 hours a day for cardio. That being said I am up to the challenge and look forward to being apart of this community.

About me:

Male.

Live in Oregon.

Desk Job.

Nerd with Pride.

Howzit, fellow nerd with pride!

I also tore a ligament, but in my chest. It's great that you are starting to get back into your normal routine! Rock-Climbing is great exercise (and it's freaking awesome fun!) It's a great that you are easing into it...it's the only thing that you can do after a torn ligament. I just tell myself "Steady as she goes."

All the best,

Jacob O'Brien :ghost: 

Eli and the Timeline of Growth

"Anxiety is love's greatest killer. It makes others feel as you might when a drowning man holds on to you.

You want to save him, but you know he will strangle you with his panic." ~ Anaïs Nin