Forums are back in action! ×

New newbie is new (oh rly? ya rly)

So yeah... Hi.

First of all, I would like to say that I'm incredibly awkward with writing introductions, so if this thing isn't as smooth as you'd hoped for, please forgive me.

Anyway, lets state the obvious, I'm new here. Yesterday I was browsing 9GAG for a bit and I came across this picture in which there were (I believe) 25 handy websites for achieving things in life. Amongst those websites were things like TED, but also some site to learn other languages. Anyway, this website was in there too, so I checked it out, subscribed myself for the email-thing and this morning I decided to check out the website a bit more and -tadaaah- I found the forum. So here I am.

Now that you know how I found my way here... Hi. n_n My name's Anna, although on the internet I usually use the name Haku. It's also the name I sign my drawings with, because that's what I do... Drawing. I love drawing. I study Animation at an art academy, so if you ever see some weird animation come by with either "Anna" or "Haku" or anything along those lines, there's a (good) chance I made it. Huzzah! I live in the Netherlands, that's in Europe. We're well known for our capital: Amsterdam. No, I don't do drugs. Many people seem to think all Dutchies are stoned 24/7. But that's a lie. Just like the cake.

But yeah, of course I'm not just here for the chatting, I'm here to actually change my life. Believe me, I've had good ideas about this before, I had my mind set that I was going to lose weight, but in the end I never managed to keep up what I was doing. I know it is weakness from my side, I should show more discipline. I have a huge willpower when I really want something, that's why I usually get things done, but that's also why I don't understand how it is possible that I just cannot seem to be able to use that same willpower to work on myself.

The main reason why I want to lose weight is because of health issues. My dad has diabetes (or diabeetus if you're a walrus-moustached man) and it's not the type you get from being too heavy, but the one you randomly get. Because of that, the chance of my getting it is higher too. The best thing to do in such a case is to live healthy, in order to hopefully prevent getting it myself, but unfortunately that's exactly NOT what I'm doing. I love my cookies, I love my chocolate... Those kind of the only super unhealthy things I eat a lot, cookies and chocolate. But even though that's the only stuff, I eat a lot of it.

What I hope to find here is the motivation that will keep me doing what I'm supposed to do for the rest of my life: living healthy. In the end the best possible outcome for me would be to lose about 15 to 20kg, but the first thing I want is to get a better condition. I want to be able to run for 10 minutes straight, that is my first goal that I'm working towards. By that time I might also start following Karate lessons, since I really want to pick that up again. I love Karate. But for now I'll stick to the gym. 

I want to look forward, look at the goals I want to achieve and at the road I'm supposed to walk to get there. 

Now I have NO CLUE as to how this forum works, where I'm supposed to go next. I had a look at the guilds, probably will pick the Monk-guild, but then again, I heard from the Monk-guild-leader that there's also a first-timer's guild, so that might also be a good option for me. 

Anyway, I hope this was a proper introduction. It kind of became long, but I think I've said all the relevant stuff. So yeah... Hi. n_n 

If you don't shoot, you'll miss by default.

Ah, yes, nothing like a good old awkward introduction. It's only as awkward as you feel it is.

Anyway, welcome! Make yourself at home. :)

I suppose you're right about that one. It certainly is a long intro, haha!

But thank you very much. n_n I'll certainly try to make myself at home here. :D

If you don't shoot, you'll miss by default.