Forums are back in action! ×

Tauren IRL

Well, except for the backwards knees.  :nightmare:

Unlike the characters in the video games I love to play so much, I lead a rather sedentary life. I'm a full-time pharmacy student, 5'9", and 220 lbs. I'm striving to be at around 170. When I was in the best shape of my life, I had a ridiculously active lifestyle and consumed around 7000 calories a day. But things changed, and I no longer have time for that lifestyle. Sadly, my stomach didn't get the memo and continued full steam ahead.

My biggest problem is that I carry a lot of muscle mass, and I obsess too much about numbers on a scale. Some people are built for speed, and some are built for ripping trees out of the ground.  :tongue: Since I fall into the latter category, it is disheartening to me to read that I should be around 140 and here I am struggling to get below 210. Which leads to a "it's impossible, why bother" attitude, which leads to me eating as I always have, and so the situation worsens.

Anyway, I'm really interested in the paleo diet and workouts that don't involve needing to leave the house. Many of the transition stories I've read on this site give me hope that it can be done without becoming a gym junkie. I used to go the gym, and always had to talk myself into going, then talk myself through being there. Just uncomfortable.

GL and HF  :tennis:

Howzit, SillyAnneh!

That "ideal weight" is very generalised...I'm trying to measure my progress by how much body fat I have. I'm also interested in the Paleo Diet...it's the only one that makes sense! I hope you all the best :) Am I seeing you at the Six Week Challenge on 11 November?

Jacob O'Brien :ghost: 

Eli and the Timeline of Growth

"Anxiety is love's greatest killer. It makes others feel as you might when a drowning man holds on to you.

You want to save him, but you know he will strangle you with his panic." ~ Anaïs Nin

Yeah, always be suspicious of things like BMI and "Ideal weight" charts. They consistently have me at an ideal weight where I'd have to loose 20 lbs. of muscle to achieve. I need to lose plenty of fat, too, mind you. Still it's just annoying to see the "experts" touting weights that are totally unreasonable as ideals.