Forums are back in action! ×

Hey everyone,

I've found out about Nerd Fitness yesterday and so far it looks pretty promising to me!

I'm Bram, a 23 year old IT student from the Netherlands.. I weigh in at little over 135 kg (~300 lbs) and am 1.98m (~6'6") tall. I've always been the type that'd rather choose the lazy mans route.
Lately I've just been watching myself and I just don't like what I see. My initial goal would be to become a more fit guy who will just have more energy overall, as right now, that's usually a problem.

I have tried to lose weight before, which at first, looked successful, but after losing about 10kg, nothing happened in the next 2,5-3 months, after which I just gave up. Another reason the usual exercise plans don't work for me, is that I just feel too self conscious when I'd be training between everyone, where most people already have way less of a weight issue and I'd just keep comparing my progress to that. Doing that obviously wasn't the way to go.

Right now I've just gotten the starter kit and I'm going to read through it this weekend, so I have an idea of what everything is. After that I'll probably get at least the Rebel Fitness guide and perhaps also the Rebel Strenght guide, so I can make sure all the loose skin will also be going away.

I've never really been able to talk about my weight with anyone properly, as I just don't know what to say face to face. Seeing all the encouragement on the forums here I decided to post an introduction about myself here.. If there's anything you want to know about me, just ask :)

Wiz

Hey Wiz, welcome to the forums! You've taken the very first steps already! That's great!

The art of losing weight has a estimate that 80% is based on your diet and 20% on exercise. If you clean up your diet and watch what you eat you'll keep doing progress. If you add exercise you've got 100% of it done, you'll just need to keep it up!

If there's anything you'd like to know, articles you'd like to read, I'll be glad to point/guide you in the right direction! Just shoot me a PM!

It's not 80% diet, 20% exercise, it's 100% diet, 100% exercise. Give it your all.

My journey (Date - Total - BF % - LBM)

2012-01-01 - 242 - 35% - 157

2013-12-15 - 172 - 10% - 155

2016-05-01 - 231 - 25% - 173