Forums are back in action! ×

Hi my name is Amy and I am an (almost) 39 year old woman who has quite a long story with diet and exercise. Well not horribly long as really it is only in the last 10 years that I have focused on it. So to begin with I was heavy growing up and never exercised what so ever. But in 2002 at an astonishing 270 lbs I was done and willing to make changes. I changed my diet by doing WW and lost about 105 lbs. I looked great (compared to 270) and soon begin to exercise. I ran for a while and did cardio. This was fine until I was bored or something better got in the way. I also was waylaid by a torn ACL which I finally repaired in 2008. But even after I couldn't get it together. I hired a trainer in 2009 and lost some weight. I liked it but was again waylaid by personal issues. I went back up to around 180 and was horribly unhappy. I then found kettlebells and functional movement training and fell in love. In March I started counting calories and have lost almost 30 lbs. BUT I still am not happy. I a) want to lose more or tone everything up. The number on the scale is not my major. I WANT the belly gone and the thighs not to giggle. So I am new and just starting this part of my journey. Increasing my protein and trying to not go to the treadmill (to burn calories). I am doing lots of research and realize that I need to do more weights. I have to take three weeks off of kettlebell for a travel schedule from hell so I am going to do the angry birds workouts but not two days in a row. So then what to do on the other days? Anyway welcome to the continuation of my journey.

Amy, you can do this! As you continue to read Steve's articles, you will gain ALOT of good knowledge. I spent 3 weeks reading through his stuff before I decided to get down to business, but the reading I did helped me ALOT. I don't know if you've read Steve's article about Staci that was posted recently, but get inspired by it! I know I was. You CAN do this!

~Tom 'Kenobi'

"First, decide who you would be and then do what you must do." ~Epictetus