Forums are back in action! ×

New Recruit looking to support and be supported!

Joined the Rebellion the same day I started my 101 day personal LEVEL UP Challenge, 06/28/2011. I've taken "before" pics but currently they are too large in data size to post here on the Community...? I am currently looking to resize them and lower their data size. My challenge officially ends after I finish my workout on Thursday 10/06/2011, but I won't take pictures until I complete my bike ride on 10/08/2011. Please read my bio to get a little more backstory of who I am.

Here is what I am currently doing:

My current goal is to be able to do 10 full body weight pull ups, chin ups, dips & squats.

I workout on Tuesdays & Thursdays and do a 7 mile mountain bike circuit on Saturday mornings.

My Tuesday workout aka "Circuit 1" is: Squats, Pull Ups, Dips, & Planks. Repeat 5 times

My Thursday workout aka "Circuit 2" is: Lunges, Chin Ups, Pushups & Reverse Crunches. Repeat 5 times.

My Saturday workout consists of riding a 7 mile circuit on my mountain bike.

I have a weight assisted power tower here at my house to help me get to my goal. I started doing the pulls & chins taking only 40lbs off of my body weight, and taking only 25lbs off of my dips. I am currently only taking off 30lbs on the pulls & chins and 15lbs for the dips. I am able to do a full body weight pull and chin now! I have never done a full body weight pull up before! When I began riding my bike in May, I completed the 7miles in 38minutes. I've continually shown progress and as of TODAY I completed the same 7mile route in 31min45 seconds! WOOT!

I track my routines on a spreadsheet and keep a food journal here on my computer.

I am looking to support people here in the NF community and to be supported.

Thanks for reading!

"First, decide who you would be and then do what you must do." ~Epictetus 

Welcome to the community! It's great that you keep track of all of your routines and food. I find it helps a lot with learning how much your progressing and is a great motivator. It looks like you're progressing in your workouts from what you've posted, so I'm sure you won't have a problem hitting your goals as long as you stay dedicated to the cause!

Good Luck and Have Fun!

Thanks Geer!

Recording my progress four years ago got me up to doing 40 pushups! But that is in the past and not important now. I have definitely found that recording all of my food has been a BIG motivator. It definitely takes a psychological toll when you look at something and then begin to think "I have to record this if I eat it...do I REALLY want to eat...THAT?"

"First, decide who you would be and then do what you must do." ~Epictetus