Forums are back in action! ×

Hey Nerd Fitness,

I am currently 26 years old, 6ft tall, and 210lbs, I've been in the United States Air Force for almost 8 years now, and I on my way to Korea in a few days.  I saw NerdFitness and I figured it could help me.  Every 6 months to a year we do a Fitness Test, they test us on 1.5 Mile Run, Waist Circumference, 1 Minute of Pushups, and 1 Minute of Situps.  Well this past August I did pretty well on my test, I ran my 1.5 Mile in 11:52, Wait was 35.5 Inches, did 48 pushups and did 58 Situps (maxed those out).  Well after this test I started to sink back into my old habits and just eat whatever was around.  I haven't gained too much weight but I can tell I've lost capability.  

I kept telling myself, oh when I get to Korea I'll work out.  Well sadly my girlfriend decided she didn't want to worry about me while we were apart and broke it off.  So it's been about just over two weeks since that suddenly hit me in the side.  I haven't taken the breakup very well, and I started to just eat lots of junk.  Then a week ago I found your site and figured, fitness might be a good way to keep my mind off the breakup.  I find that if I'm doing something I don't think about it.

So I sat down and decided I need to set some fitness goals, I have until my next fitness test in August to meet them, I want my run time down to 10:00, I want my waist to around 34", my push-ups up to 65, and although I've maxed out my sit-ups I want my abs to look a lot more appealing.  I looked at the Paleo diet, and although I'm still in the process of moving I've already started to cut out grains and do some light workouts.  I should be able to get more into the routine and food planning once I get in country and get settled.

I just want to feel better about my life, and looking in the mirror at my flabby gut and my under-developed arms doesn't help.

On a side note, none of my gaming stuff is with me, it's all in shipment so I've missed the BF4 launch and I can't even play WoW on this netbook... grrr poor nerd planning!