Forums are back in action! ×

Hello from Melbourne!

Hi all, I'm Xanify aka Wern IRL, and I'm new here. :)

I've been trying to get/stay fit and healthy for the past year or so, but motivation is my biggest problem - so when I heard of Nerd Fitness, well, I'm a huge gamer geek so this is right up my alley! Hell yeah classes and guilds and quests and things!

... er, yeah.

So anyway, a bit about me... I'm in my mid-twenties, female, kind of short (5'2" and a bit, the bit is important) and I work in IT. I'm kind of average-weight (about 53-54kg depending on the day) and have an okay level of fitness. I've dabbled in a lot of different sports over the years with varying results - tennis, sprinting, rock climbing, and most recently hiking - but nothing's really stuck. 

My goal is to up my general fitness, speed and balance, tone up and lose squishiness. I've also signed up for Tough Mudder in March so it would be good to not to collapse on the course too.

And because I also like arbitrary goals, I am also determined to be able to do a pull-up. Just one. For now.

Hello!

Xanify â™¦ Level 0 

STR 0 - DEX 0 - STA 0 - CON 0 - CHA 0 - WIS 0 

6-Week Challenge Thread

--

the statement below this is true

the statement above this is false

Sign up. It will give you some motivation. Pick goals that are challenging but achievable.

My goals are going to be to do 3 weight sessions and 3 cardio sessions a week and try to nail my calories and macros. It's something that can be done, but the food will be hard. This time I'm not focusing on losing weight/fat, if I get most of my workouts and eat right my body will show the results as a by product of that hard work.

So have a good think about it as it starts in a week :)

Check out my food recipe blog at www.manmeetsthermo.com

Yeah, I haven't decided on my goals yet. I tend to set ridiculously high goals, then get discouraged when I can't meet them, and then discouragement snowballs... 

I just downloaded Zombies 5k so one of my goals will definitely be to stick to that program (if not finish - it's an 8-week course, but from the looks of it the first two weeks should be a breeze). Still thinking about what else I should do, I don't want to bite off more than I can chew for my first challenge.

Xanify â™¦ Level 0 

STR 0 - DEX 0 - STA 0 - CON 0 - CHA 0 - WIS 0 

6-Week Challenge Thread

--

the statement below this is true

the statement above this is false