Forums are back in action! ×

Hey all,

I'm a super busy (aren't we all?) 29 year old resident physician, trying to reclaim my health.  I have been eating paleo probably 50% of the time, but that other 50% (mmmmm wine) has left me still fat.  To boot, I have found every excuse not to work out (usually getting my butt out of bed at 430 in the morning doesn't happen).  

I'm starting out at around 195 lbs, and probably 36% BF according to my last measure.  

Super goals:

- lose weight 

- build muscle

- look good naked

- try a hot yoga class

- be awesome

I hate cardio, so I'm gonna try to do as little of that as possible.  Just bought Starting Strength, and plan to start with that tomorrow AM!  

I'm thinking the week will look something like this:

M - SS

T - HIIT

W - SS

R - HIIT

F - SS

Sa - walk/off/stretch

Su - Off

Any support/encouragement/tips would be great!  And I will do the same!

Swags

hello! I am new to the site as well and would have to say yoga can definately be a blast to do and a very challenging workout. My week usually looks like 

m-chest and back

t- yoga 

w-back and biceps 

t- legs and back

f- core

s- legs and biceps/shoulders

s- rest 

yes my back gets alot of attention . the big key to my nutritional goals in the begining was "normalizing the change " finding things that help you transition, when i used to want a soda i would reach for a diet green tea instead or was having boredom hunger i would grab a flavored rice cake  ( 45 calories and filling ) I hate counting calories but tend to limit my meals to a rough estimate each meal to make up the day , say 500 for breakfast , 700 for lunch and 700 for supper .

Follow me on instagram for motivation and some cool pics ! Nodoze79 

Starting Strength is a great start. I'd suggest ditching the HIIT sessions for now though. Strength training, particularly squatting big is neurologically taxing enough. Besides, Rip did say that you should follow the program to the letter, otherwise the galaxy would implode (or something like that). Also, having someone watch your form will greatly increase the efficiency of the program. I was Deadlifting wrong for years, and I wasn't making any gains. It was also rather challenging to perform the Power Clean on my own, but I finally got it (after like 3 years).

Thanks for the input guys!  I think you're right, I should forego the HIIT for now.  I went to start today, and there was actually a LINE in my gym for the squat racks at 5 AM, for so long that I just had to do some cardio and leave.  So now i'm searching for a gym with the right equipment that isn't crazy busy at 5 AM...

Swags