Forums are back in action! ×

Fallen Angel... Lands in Nerd Heaven!

HEY EVERYONE!

SO Stoked to be here!!! I read SPEZZY's Story yesterday and I couldn't stop coming back all day.

This place is exactly what I need!!! :)

A bit about me:

I am 23 I have NO IDEA what I weigh currently and don't really want to. 2 years ago I was 260 lbs when I left an abusive marriage, from there I became paleo/primal and lost 60 lbs and then joined crossfit... I loved it! ESP OLY but then my money situation got a bit tight and I had to stop... and when I stopped I stopped everything and reverted to old ways. I am in a great relationship now, but I feel I might be getting a bit comfortable. My boyfriend is also paleo/primal but we both have a sweet tooth to kill for and that has been our defect... I figure maybe if I start working on it again I can lead by example and he will just pick up where he left off as well. Because we are living together now finances are a smidge better and I will be re-joining my local CF in 2 weeks (next payday) to start lifting again.

When I lift I feel whole, untouchable, and unstoppable.

The last 3 years.... oh hell the last 23 years have been focused on "losing weight". I have a mom who (god love her) Can't relate but tries to by shoving me in every weightloss program imaginable, and comments every time I take a bite of food...

Doctors who say "if you dont lose some weight ________" (Fill in the blank, if it's been said, I have heard it).

And skinny ass friends who can eat whatever the hell they want... but they aren't healthy and they DEFINITELY are not strong.

Reading Spezzy's story inspired me to realize that my goal is not to lose weight... I can weigh 200 lbs for ever if it means I am HEALTHY and STRONG! Lifting tones-I know from experience... and eating right does some crazy shit to a person's body... I AM SO READY to be the me who has been hiding in a fatsuit all these years.

**Sorry this got a bit long**

Manda

*edit-- PS. My avatar is not where I am currently at-but it is where I was a year ago and I am sure I can get there fast again... and keep it up from there**

*~ Live Like No One Else ~* <<<My blogspot.

6 weeks to my Birthday! my first 6 week challenge! :)

"I am involved in a freedom ride protesting the loss of the minority rights belonging to the few remaining earthbound stars. All we demanded was our right to twinkle." ~Marilyn Monroe

Best of luck! I found it easier to focus on anything BUT my weight loss - doing 6 pullups instead of 5, etc. Drinking a lot of club soda instead of coke (you still get the bubbles!) and not worrying about the "numbers" lo and behold, I dropped 70 pounds in roughly 7 months, and have kept it off for almost 2 years. I actually have "gained" 12 pounds back, but its not an actual gain, just a shift in body composition from fat to more dense muscle.

Welcome to the Rebellion!

200lbs is always 200lbs.

Fitocracy

Blog

Portfolio

When I lift I feel whole, untouchable, and unstoppable.

hey that sounds familiar :)

WELCOME! so glad to have you here!

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

hey that sounds familiar :)

WELCOME! so glad to have you here!

AWESOME! yeah... I am seriously missing it... I might have to rearrange the money to get back sooner than I had originally expected. Being here and reading about chick lifters makes me miss it more! :) thanks for the welcome!!! :)

Welcome! Glad to have you! Spezzy inspires a ton of people, and its good that she has 'draw' too. Anyway, feel free to ask questions, inspire, and most of all (and I think most importantly, let us get to know you.

YOU BET! I kinda wear my heart on my sleeve so it shouldn't be hard.... :)

Thanks for the welcome!

*~ Live Like No One Else ~* <<<My blogspot.

6 weeks to my Birthday! my first 6 week challenge! :)

"I am involved in a freedom ride protesting the loss of the minority rights belonging to the few remaining earthbound stars. All we demanded was our right to twinkle." ~Marilyn Monroe