Forums are back in action! ×

Needing a 'See'-change!

Hi all,

I need to introduce myself.

My name is Stuart, I'm 27, I live in Melbourne, Australia, and I've just cracked the 100kg (in the wrong direction)

I need to see a change in myself that I can be proud of!

I've recently received a payrise on my job, I got married in September, and I'm buying a house with my Wife next year.

Basically, there's a lot of change going on in my life at the moment, and I'm proud of the progress I've made in those aspects of life.

There's one thing else I need to change, and that's my health. Like Steve said, that 300 quote is great - I think it was "Appearance is a consequence of fitness".

I hate the way I look. I hate the gut, I hate the shape, and I hate the stretch-marks. I hate the wobbling, and the movement, and I hate every photo that gets taken of me.

I decided to jump on here, so that I can be held accountable for my actions here today.

I have promised myself I will be doing the Paleo diet starting tomorrow, and trying my very best to stick to it with the limitations I have.

I say that, like it's a problem, but something else Steve has taught me today, is that I'm full of excuses. I don't have time. I don't have the energy, I can't do this, I can't do that. Always excuses.

I feel though, that as a fellow Nerd (currently working on 100% completion on GTA V), I believe there's a wealth of knowledge here, and a supportive community that will help me overcome what I keep making excuses for.

So here I am, right now I'm mentally ready but I know It's going to be hard. I know it's going to be tough, but I am just so looking forward to that moment, in 60-90 days where I'm feeling great, looking better, and imagining my potential.

I don't know how to measure numbers, so I don't know where I'm sitting at the moment for body fat %, but I am here to get down to the point where I look good. I want to look good, and I want it to inspire my wife to do the same, and then I want us both to be proud of how we look.

So, wish me luck!!!!!

Lets do this! RAH!

welcome to NF! a few pieces of advice that i have to give:
-take pictures of yourself right now, and continue to do so every week or so. shirt off, in shorts or underwear or whatever is most revealing. you don't have to post them, you don't even have to look at them if you don't want to. but in 4 or 8 or 10 weeks when you feel like you haven't made any progress, you'll probably be glad of those pictures when they prove that you actually have progressed.
-here is a website where you can calculate your BF%: http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/mbf/ [and also to measure your BMR, if you're interested: http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/] whatever number you get for BF% probably won't be very accurate [this method of measurement isn't exactly known for being spot-on], but as long as you track it under similar circumstances [only on Monday mornings right after you wake up, before you've had anything to eat or drink] it should show progress with relative accuracy. it might be possible that you find out that tracking your body fat percentage isn't helpful to you, and that's alright too.
-paleo eating is SO MUCH EASIER when all the food you have in the house is paleo. it might not be viable for you to throw out all of the non-paleo stuff, but consider at least getting rid of the really bad and tempting stuff. [empty the soda bottles if you're addicted to that, dump the chips in the trash can if that's what usually derails your diet, etc.] also, having soups or other food you've made ahead of time in the freezer that's ready to heat up is a life saver on certain nights. after a few weeks when the glamour of the new diet has worn off a bit, and it's late, and all you want to do for dinner is open a tub of ice cream in front of the TV. yeah. those nights. writing a food journal in a notebook every day also helps keep me on track. i can see exactly what i ate, and exactly how much, every single day. even just thinking about having to write down "bowl of ice cream" is often enough to stop me before i make it to the silverware for a spoon.
anyway, that's just the stuff that i needed to know when i was starting, and i hope it helps you too! it sounds like you've been leveling up your life like crazy lately, and that's awesome! i'm looking forward to seeing how you level up this aspect of your life, too!

level 4 elf ranger
STR | 6    DEX | 5    STA | 6    CON | 4    WIS | 4    CHA | 8