Forums are back in action! ×

Hey fellow rebels!

I am new to this forum but not new to exercise. I have struggled with my weight most of my life (who hasn't?). From a young age, I was active in martial arts and sports. When I was a part of martial arts, I learned what it meant to have discipline. Discipline was something that was drilled into my head as a young student.

At 26, I find it harder than ever to attain that discipline. I have the motivation but not the discipline. My new years resolution is always the same: lose weight and feel great. It hasn't changed in years :upset:...

I am going to be a father in a month and have all the motivation to get in shape. I want to set an example for my son. But I know that getting started is only half the battle. It takes great discipline to keep going once that first weight has been lifted.

I am hoping to be able to connect with fellow rebels and have that person that is going to push me to be better.

The one quality which sets one man apart from another, the key which lifts one to every aspiration while others are caught up in the mire of mediocrity, is not talent, formal education, nor intellectual brightness; it is self-discipline. 

With self-discipline all things are possible. 

Without it, even the simplest goal can seem like the impossible dream.

-Theodore Roosevelt

Welcome to the rebellion!

Discipline can be difficult to find, but you made a great first step and posted here! Good motivation like yours (congrats on the soon-to-be fatherhood!) combined with accountability can be great in helping push you in the right direction.

There's a new challenge starting up in a week if you need something to give you some focus and a starting point :D

Level 0 - Kitty Hybrid - Assassin-in-training

Battle Log - Current Challenge