Forums are back in action! ×

Hi everyone,

I'm just new to the site, so I guess it's good to post my story here.

My name is Jurrin Reckers, I'm from the Netherlands and I don't smoke weed.

I'm 18 years old and fitnessing since I was 14, just for the fun of it and to get my mind clear through physical exercise. However, I have always been a bit on the big side. Until august 2012.

I got salmonella from bad supermarket salad chicken. I had exams at school, so, though I couldn't stand I needed to go by train and walk an hour while puking. I was already losing weight that period, I was about 7 kilo's down to 83 (180 cm or 5 foot 11). When I got salmonella, I went from 83 to 65 in 9 DAYS... So that's 18 Kilo's or 2 kilo a day. I don't know why i'm still alive, but I am. So here I am, I'm now 72 kilo's and 183 cm.

Now i'm at the point I am exercising again for a few months, and being a nerd, I thought: So as long as I'm busy, why not be good at it. So I read about a year worth of blogging the past days (free time rocks) and I'm now going to do the following thing:

Monday: Body weight circuit

Tuesday: Leg day

Wednesday: Body weight circuit

Thursday: Chest and biceps day

Friday: Body weight circuit

Saturday: Back and triceps day

Sunday: Resting and maybe running, walking, biking a bit more than normal.

Yeah I know, I have lot's of free time. I need to study a lot, but always at home at my own pace so I just schedule my gym time as I want. 8 hour workday isn't bad if you break it in pieces. By the way, I don't want to be cocky, i'm just really lucky.

My current diet is what my parents cook. if it's good, for example tonight, lots. today for dinner I had 2000 calories worth of potatoes, minced meat and green beans topped of with chorizo all out of the oven.

Result is, according to my (eye-opening) calorie tracker, I ate between 1600 and 3200 calories per day last week.

My plan now is to make about 2 kilo's of chicken and 1 kilo of minced meat for the next week and add a bit of that each meal to get protein. Also I'm going to see before dinner how much i'll eat, so it will be more like a consistent 2500 calories per day.

So does anyone has tips for my eating schedule or training schedule?

I'm really complete new, lucky that I love exercising and made this plan based upon interpreted articles on Nerd Fitness.

So please do correct me when i'm wrong, I love good criticism :D