Forums are back in action! ×

New As A Newbie Could Be

I'm a sophomore in college, who after losing a bunch of weight freshman year, has put it back on in less than one semester (yikes!) I'm 5' 4" and about 130 odd some pounds. This is the heaviest I've ever been and I want that 'high score' to remain here. 

I've found this year I have little control when it comes to sweets (hello extra weight) and have learned I can't out run my fork. I was working out about an hour a day doing cardio and see no results. In desperation, I turn to the internet (because no one lies on the internet) and get confused. Then nerd fitness to the rescue!Finally, a site that makes a lick of sense~ and one that I can read without my attention wandering.

After reading a few articles here, I've changed my goals. My goal isn't to necessarily lose weight - I want to lose fat! 

My game plan: 

I want to eat as close to paleo as my college meal plan will allow (how I yearn for a kitchen some days lol) 

I want to alternate strength training with HIIT every other day with a rest day on sunday. (I am so open to any tips or changes I should make)

As for my nerd-ness, I'm a long time d&d player with a preference for version 3.5. I'm proud to say I have a level 20 cleric and have made a new appearance as a villain in a friends campaign - where I get to do what I do best chaotic evil. Best alignment for me to play -- I do what I want because I want. So a result, I'm sending the newbies into dangerous situations (without their knowledge of me being the cause of it)  and giving them gifts and advice. :)