Forums are back in action! ×

Finished First 5K

I decided at the beginning of the summer I wanted to be in good enough shape to finish a 5K. When I started running in mid to late May, I could barely go a mile before wanted to pass out. I kept up with it and decided to be able to run a 5K in sub 30 minutes.

Well, today I ran my first 5K with a final time of 28:57 (with Vibrams, which are amazing)! I wasn't able to run the entire thing (I can't really pace myself very well) but that just leaves room for improvement. Over all, it was a blast and I really enjoyed the experience - I'm already looking forward to getting back into training mode after I rest up my feet (I had an unfortunate bare-feet-meet-cleats accident playing frisbee about a week ago - my toes are still in bad shape) and getting ready for the next! It was a great feeling working for so long and accomplishing the goal!

To those of you still working on their running - stick with it. I find it to be an extremely rewarding experience and it's great to be able to think "I just ran X miles." I think I'm officially hooked on 5Ks now :)