Forums are back in action! ×

Hello from sunny Florida!

Hello! I am new, so let me know if I am not doing this right!

Main Quest: To lose weight, eat healthy and fit into a size 8.

Missions to Accomplish Quest:

Fitness: Morning work out with Jillian Micheals Body Revolution CD's and start the beginner body weight workout (do 1 set). For lunch during the work week walk around outside for 30 minutes. For evening complete 2 sets of the beginner body weight workout.

Fuel: Every day make an effort to eat only whole foods that were either from the ground or had a mother. Eliminate all soda's and drink only water and organic green tea (no sugar).

Side Quest: Cut out all foods with high fructose corn syrup in them.

Life Quest: Pay off $500 towards credit card debt. Study for the CPA exam and sit for the exams.

Accountability: Journal everything I do and place in my mouth. As well as admit when I make a mistake and eat something or drink something I should not have.

I am here to lose weight and eat healthier foods that will hopefully make my internal age younger. I want to look in the mirror and be happy with what I see insted of never looking at me. I look at my face everyday, but I refuse to look at how big I have gotten. I feel disgusting and sick of looking this way.

I want to lose at least 70 pounds.

I have tried several diet programs before, I will start and work really hard at it for about two to three weeks. Somehow I become discouraged and assume this is how I am going to look for the rest of my life. I hope that if I can start this I can do this for the rest of my life. Not just to lose the weight and look good, but become a very healthy person.

Hopefully I can find some friends on the site, where we can help one another thru the good and bad times.

Thanks.

Level 0

STR-0 DEX-0 STA-0 CON-0 WIS-0 CHA-0

Welcome! I wish you the best of luck :)

It appears you have some reasonable goals lined out, very doable. Lots of knowledgeable people on this site, never be afraid to ask for suggestions! Once you get started on a healthy lifestyle, it's hard to stop. Remember Newton's First Law, and may the Force be with you!

Welcome! I wish you the best of luck :)

It appears you have some reasonable goals lined out, very doable. Lots of knowledgeable people on this site, never be afraid to ask for suggestions! Once you get started on a healthy lifestyle, it's hard to stop. Remember Newton's First Law, and may the Force be with you!

I am going to do my best. So far this week I have exercised at least 30 minutes a day in the morning and on Monday and Tuesday went for a walk at lunch. Wednesday was too hot - should have went to the gym, but got sidetracked with my job. 30 minutes a day is better than what I was doing - nothing. I have eaten well for the most part, have not had a soda this week - which is a big accomplishment. Hopefully for the remainder of the week I can try to eliminate my sugar intake. I have a serious sweet tooth problem. Once I can kick the sugar habit, it will be easy to stay on a healthy lifestyle.

Thanks for the encouragement.

May the force be with you. :peaceful:

Level 0

You bite it--you write it,  is a great strategy. Once you have been without processed sweets for a month you will have it whupped and an apple will taste soooo much better. You are completely right, 30 minutes a day is more, much more than you have been doing and it is progress.

About feeling disgusting, You have a mind and a heart and a soul. These things are where beauty is held. They are beauty is nurtured and projected from.

Look at it like this, right now you don't like the car you are driving. Every day you are doing some body work, some spark plugs, a little wash and wax. But you are not that car, it is simply how you get from one place to the next. Taking care of it will have great rewards. It will last a long time and people will comment on it, but that car is not you. It does not define who you are and there is a hell of a lot more to you than, "what you drive", Your body has very, very little to do with your beauty or your worth.

Welcome, onward to great things.

• Like 1

You are only a conspiracy theorist until you are right. Then you are a visionary.

Hey fellow Floridian!

I wish you the best of luck! I usually take a 30 minute walk during work since i work on a University campus. It helps to get fresh air from busy phone calls, emails, students, etc. And definitely cutting out the soda works! Good luck bud!

Where are you located at?

I enjoy the walks when it is cool enough outside. The last few days it has been in the 80's - a little too warm to go outside to walk then go back to work. I have been trying to go to the gym on days I cannot go outside. Unfortunately, have been getting stuck at work. Boo!

Good luck to you.

Level 0

You bite it--you write it,  is a great strategy. Once you have been without processed sweets for a month you will have it whupped and an apple will taste soooo much better. You are completely right, 30 minutes a day is more, much more than you have been doing and it is progress.

About feeling disgusting, You have a mind and a heart and a soul. These things are where beauty is held. They are beauty is nurtured and projected from.

Look at it like this, right now you don't like the car you are driving. Every day you are doing some body work, some spark plugs, a little wash and wax. But you are not that car, it is simply how you get from one place to the next. Taking care of it will have great rewards. It will last a long time and people will comment on it, but that car is not you. It does not define who you are and there is a hell of a lot more to you than, "what you drive", Your body has very, very little to do with your beauty or your worth.

Welcome, onward to great things.

Good analogy. Never thought of it that way, but now that you have pointed it out. I do not like the car I am driving, I will make the change so I like what I am driving.

Thank you for the words of wisdom. Good luck.

Level 0