Forums are back in action! ×

Hi there!  I found Nerd Fitness a few weeks ago and yes I am one of those that lurks in the shadows until I am comfortable enough to step forward.  Unfortunately that is how I approach fitness.  I never seem to be comfortable enough so I just don't step forward.  I am looking to make that change I just have no idea where to begin.  

Some background info on me:  I am 39, 5 kids and 200 pounds.  Dealing with the age thing (lol), love the kid part but really really hate the 200 pounds.  I have a wicked sweet tooth and have been known to eat like a teenager who's parents are out of town.  Hubby and I have been making dietary changes over the past year like adding more raw to our dinner plates (50% or more), not using oils or other types of nasty fats to cook with, and cutting out things like soda.  I can't even remember the last time I had one.  Weight has maintained over the last year with those changes and has not gone up so I guess that is somewhere to start but now I  need to get moving.  I just am not sure where to begin.  

I look forward to exploring the boards and hearing from other Rebels and getting on my way to a healthier me!

First off I would like to welcome you to Nerd Fitness. It's great to have you!

Well healthy eating is definitely a great start to eating healthy.

I also know how hard it is to get started on getting active. 

Sometimes it's a good way to start with going for walks and working your way up to workouts.

There are a lot of people who have great advice on how to get active. I know they helped me in deciding on how I got started on getting a workout going.

I wish you the best of luck in getting healthy. I am rooting for you!