Forums are back in action! ×

Hello! Vegetarian nerd fitness & Crohn's disease

Hi all,

Rather than spend any more time lurking, i thought i should just sign up and introduce myself.

im 26 and an office cube dwelling IT project manager. At the beginning of this year my new years resolution was to get fit and the target was to cycle the Dunwich Dynamo with a friend. Now with a 120 mile bike ride behind me i have been bitten by the fitness bug and i would like to start focusing on getting my body in to shape / better condition.

i would like to put together a body weight only, compound exercise routine (I live in a small flat + dont like gyms) i do have hand weights tho. i would really like to learn to rock climb at some point so i have this in the back of my mind - any suggestions?

-0-

Also a few concerns (well i perceive them to be issues but they probably aren't) and questions for the board:

1. Im a vegetarian and i was wondering if there are any other veggies on here that know good recipes etc? as diet is obviously important when strength training and i have been wondering how they get on.

2. I've been living with Crohn's disease for 9 years now, although currently in remission i need to keep an eye on my weight at all times - as a consequence of the disease i find it extremely difficult to put on weight. (right now im at my minimum weight as recommended by my consultant) im 6ft and currently weigh 70Kg. My max weight ever was this christmas just gone topping out at 73Kg's. The weight loss over the first half of the year i think has been due to so much cycling.

i was wondering if anyone else on here is a member of the crohn's/colitis club & could offer any experiences or advice?

anyway, im really pleased to have finally joined this community, as you all seem such a friendly bunch.

thejaymo

Welcome to the Rebellion! There are several other vegetarians on this site, and although a lot of us are paleo, we do not discriminate here. We only ask that you are a nerd, and want to level up your life. There are tons of basic bodyweight routines available, and several people like Steve's bodyweight routines that can be found on the main site.

What level of vegetarian are you? Protein is very important for strength training, so if you do eggs or dairy that would help out. If not, I would have to go towards legumes (make sure they are soaked properly to remove some of the anti-nutrients).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human-Dryad Ranger

Fitocracy

Shelter Sketches

If you want to live an interesting life, you're going to spend half of it being terrified.

-Mary Hollinshead