Forums are back in action! ×

Coming Over From the Dark Side

Hello All,

My name is Will and I found this website randomly when I googled Paleo due to my co-worker saying that he was do it. Now I've read a lot of the articles, this website is awesome! I'm no stranger to exercise, I played football for 12 years as an offensive lineman. At my heaviest I was 330 pounds then dropped to 280 at my coach's request. I graduated college in December of 2011 and I was around 290. I realized that when I stopped playing a sport that I would have to get active and I eventually did late last year. I ended up dropping to 260 and ran my first 5k this past March, I was pumped! 

But then laziness and terrible eating habits set in and I gained it all back  :nightmare: . I had no one to blame but myself so I decided to make a change. There was a 10K race that is ran in my town every year and I decided to sign up for it. I trained and I finished the race in an 1 hour and 15 minutes. I started lifting weights again, which I loved to do thanks to football. It has been around 2 weeks since I have ran, I wanted to make sure to get through the glorious phase of sore muscle recovery. Now that lifting is going well I'm starting up the cardio again, I'm trying to focus on my running form and getting my 5k pace down.

I have immensely enjoyed this website and I hope that I can add to the forum. I have seen the six week challenges and I hope to join the next one!

For the Rebellion,

Will

Wake up, lift, eat, sleep and repeat                                                                                             

STR 9 | DEX 3| STA 5.5 | CON 2 | WIS 4 | CHA 1.5

http://www.fitnessjourneywithwill.com

Fellow O-lineman! Great to see some others on here. Check out the challenge for Nov 11th. I don't think I will every be able to enjoy distance running so I applaud you as a fellow trenchman for embracing it. Good Luck!

Dragonborn Warrior Lvl 0 STR: 0 DEX: 0 STA: 0 CON: 0 WIS: 0 CHA: 0

Starting my first 6 week challenge on 11/11/13

Let me know if you want to buddy up!

22 Year-Old Former Collegiate Football Olineman

Goals: Body Fat Loss, and Strength Gain

Staring weight 11/5/13: 305

"Don’t nobody want to lift no heavy-ass weights.... I do it though!†-- Ronnie Coleman

"I do many, many things. I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist, a theoretical philosopher, but,

above all, I am a man. A hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you." -- Lancaster Dodd, The Master

CHALLENGE NUMBER ONE