Forums are back in action! ×

Hello! I'm excited to be here!

So I'm a 26 year old lady, and like most of us I've struggled with my self image since high school. I've never been heavy just not the rail thin ideal. Currently 5'8 and 150lbs. In the past two years I've tried lots of things on my own and haven't been able to stick with it since I was just up to my own devices. Late 2009 I did C25K, and almost finished if it hadn't been for that meddling knee problem. Last Fall I tried to pick running back up, but just found it too boring, and then the holidays killed everything. Earlier this year I did the whole 4 Hour body thing.

I've been lifting free weights for two weeks, and have been looking for some kind of community to join to hold me accountable and celebrate my victories. I found Spezzy's article linked up on Reddit, and I knew I had found a great community to participate in.

I've begun eating Paleo with the exception of a little cheese here and there, and Almond milk... not sure if that's okay or not. I feel better and I'm excited to be challenged by all of you!

We're excited to have you here! You'll find lots of support and the occasional butt kicking when you need it.

Sucks about the knee. I used to have problems with it too when I would run, but going slow, lifting weights, and stretching helped a lot. Let us know what you are working towards and we'll help as much as possible.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

I'm always glad to know that I'm not the only one who finds running to be boring. But yay, welcome tumblr friend! Hopefully between the two formats we can stay motivated and reach our goals!

"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it."

— Thucydides

An Amazon in Training - Fitblr & Progress. Food Buffed - Food Photography. Advised by Zeus - Personal Tumblr.

Thanks guys! My current struggle is going to the gym alone. I usually go with one of my guy friends who is well-versed in the free weight arena, and he helps me with form. It's not the going alone that I'm worried about, it's his form coaching that makes me not want to go alone. I realize that I need to get over this, because I don't want my fitness relying on his schedule.